Michigan 83, Minnesota 55

Wow. 83 to 55! 43-29 Michigan at the half. Those friggin Wolverines indeed stopped the bleeding today in a big way.

That margin of victory is pretty impressive. PSU won there and Minny lost by 28 points. That one’s gunna sting Minny.

As others have said, Michigan is a hot and cold up and down team. But that’s a very impressive victory for them. Their NIT hopes could hinge on whether they can win at Michigan State Sunday.

Out of Michigan, Northwestern, and Minnesota (who are out realistic 1st round opponents in Indy), Minnesota was the team that I really didn’t want to play. However, they looked absolutely awful tonight. I think Minesota creates the most match-up problems out of the three for us, however you have no clue what you’re going to get on a given night out of any of those three squads.

I think Tubby has lost this team. You have to hand it to Ed and our team for sticking together through a real rough stretch and playing with purpose and enthusiasm right now. I think we have become the team that no one wants to play in the Big Ten Tournament.

I thought they packed it in about 3 weeks ago after the losses to Michigan and Northwestern, and then they rebounded and beat Wisconsin, lost by 1 to Purdue, and won at Illinois. But tonight was a total egg for them.

Teams I’d want to play in order:
1- Northwestern - PSU has their number, and has better athletes.
2- Minnesota - PSU has played relatively well against them… and they might be a lost cause since their bubble pretty much just burst.
3- Michigan - Can be a very dangerous team, or the complete opposite.

Minnesota and Michigan are tough. Both can play very well, or awful. PSU played Minnesota pretty well in both games this year. I thought they played better in the two games against Minny than the two games against Michigan… even though the results varied.

[quote=“noobd, post:5, topic:908”]Teams I’d want to play in order:
1- Northwestern - PSU has their number, and has better athletes.
2- Minnesota - PSU has played relatively well against them… and they might be a lost cause since their bubble pretty much just burst.
3- Michigan - Can be a very dangerous team, or the complete opposite.

Minnesota and Michigan are tough. Both can play very well, or awful. PSU played Minnesota pretty well in both games this year. I thought they played better in the two games against Minny than the two games against Michigan… even though the results varied.[/quote] When is the last time we beat them?

[quote="noobd, post:5, topic:908"]Teams I'd want to play in order: 1- Northwestern - PSU has their number, and has better athletes. [b]2- Minnesota - PSU has played relatively well against them.. and they might be a lost cause since their bubble pretty much just burst.[/b] 3- Michigan - Can be a very dangerous team, or the complete opposite.

Minnesota and Michigan are tough. Both can play very well, or awful. PSU played Minnesota pretty well in both games this year. I thought they played better in the two games against Minny than the two games against Michigan… even though the results varied.[/quote] When is the last time we beat them?

Last year we split with them.

[quote="Great Santini, post:3, topic:908"]I think Tubby has lost this team. You have to hand it to Ed and our team for sticking together through a real rough stretch and playing with purpose and enthusiasm right now. I think we have become the team that no one wants to play in the Big Ten Tournament.[/quote]

I thought they packed it in about 3 weeks ago after the losses to Michigan and Northwestern, and then they rebounded and beat Wisconsin, lost by 1 to Purdue, and won at Illinois. But tonight was a total egg for them.

I remember think this as I watched “The Journey” on BTV last week. Tubby made all kinds of comments how he didn’t have the talent. Players then said they had to show the world they weren’t terrible. I sounds like they are in sad shape.

This makes me respect that ED hasn’t lost the team. It would have been easy for people to quit and finish winless.

If Ed is going to be retained for next season, I think this is one of the primary reasons. I’m really impressed how he has kept this team together.

[quote="noobd, post:5, topic:908"]Teams I'd want to play in order: 1- Northwestern - PSU has their number, and has better athletes. [b]2- Minnesota - PSU has played relatively well against them.. and they might be a lost cause since their bubble pretty much just burst.[/b] 3- Michigan - Can be a very dangerous team, or the complete opposite.

Last year we split with them.

I guess we did. Anyways we are 1-9 in our last 10 vs the Gophers so I wouldn’t be keeping my fingers crossed on getting them in the b10 tourney.

I guess I’m just optimistic. I feel like PSU plays well against Minnesota. Despite the outcome, I feel better if PSU is playing some of their best ball against a decent team than PSU playing terrible against a bad team (see Iowa, Tulane, UNCW).

[quote="Great Santini, post:3, topic:908"]I think Tubby has lost this team. You have to hand it to Ed and our team for sticking together through a real rough stretch and playing with purpose and enthusiasm right now. I think we have become the team that no one wants to play in the Big Ten Tournament.[/quote]

If Ed is going to be retained for next season, I think this is one of the primary reasons. I’m really impressed how he has kept this team together.

Wouldn’t that be a great Curley/Ed end of year meeting. “Ed, I know the team and the season was dreadful, but you kept these guys together. Now next year if we are really terrible again, please keep them together-no arrests, no quitters, great attitude, no transfers, and we can keep this thing rolling-Love Ya”

Wouldn’t that be a great Curley/Ed end of year meeting. “Ed, I know the team and the season was dreadful, but you kept these guys together. Now next year if we are really terrible again, please keep them together-no arrests, no quitters, great attitude, no transfers, and we can keep this thing rolling-Love Ya”

Does everything have to be so narrowly focused for you? You seem to pick at one facet of a post with no regard to the overall point being made. Note that FF started his post with “IF…” and used “ONE OF…REASONS”. He did not say “Ed should be kept for another year because he kept the team together.”

Does everything have to be so narrowly focused for you? You seem to pick at one facet of a post with no regard to the overall point being made. Note that FF started his post with “IF…” and used “ONE OF…REASONS”. He did not say "Ed should be kept for another year because he kept the team together."

This was not a narrow focus or criticism of the post or person making the post, simply how I think Curley deals with difficult basketball decisions.