PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Mbakwe Out For The Season

Sad news out of Minneapolis…Mbakwe out with torn ACL…

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/134618893.html

It’s a shame to hear.

Last year, it’s seemed the Gophers were loaded with talented big men. Now they have almost none. What a one-year turnaround !!

This kid is really a “player.” I’m not sure of his exact height BUT he has the classic “Power Forward” game!!

Didn’t know where to put this, so I guess I’ll turn the Mbakwe into a “who’s out” thread.

Nebraska was in shape to have a great low post lineup. Now, that’s been shattered. One of their best post players, Almeida, is probably out for the year with knee problems (soreness, not ligament damage). Now, their second best big man, Diaz, is missing some games with what I believe is sore feet. They have another big guard, 6’5" Dylan Talley, is missing some games.

They are REALLY hurting for players at this point

[quote=“Skeeza, post:4, topic:2879”]Didn’t know where to put this, so I guess I’ll turn the Mbakwe into a “who’s out” thread.

Nebraska was in shape to have a great low post lineup. Now, that’s been shattered. One of their best post players, Almeida, is probably out for the year with knee problems (soreness, not ligament damage). Now, their second best big man, Diaz, is missing some games with what I believe is sore feet. They have another big guard, 6’5" Dylan Talley, is missing some games.

They are REALLY hurting for players at this point[/quote]
Wouldn’t mind them not coming back until after our 2nd game with them. :wink: After that I hope they are healthy and have a great year.