PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Maybe I missed it

I was out of the country for much of January through March and may have missed Nick Collela’s status. I notice he doesn’t show up on the scholarship roster for next year. I thought he was just a junior this year and could play next year. I know he got a scholarship for the second semester. Any update would be appreciated.

He’s walk-on pending any Grad transfers. If we don’t get one I’m sure he or someone else will be given the 'ship.

Nick was a junior walk-on that earned a spring scholarship this year. He should be playing next year. It’s not official that he will get a scholarship, but I think he will.

Here he is with Ryan Clark, Billy and the back of Tim Frazier’s head . I’m going to miss Dolla Billz :smiley:

Thanks, guys. 8)

Is that Bar Bleu? Seems a little too spacious to be any of the subterranean pits that I used to hang out at.

I think it’s somewhere in Pittsburgh. I snagged it from Nick’s Twitter.

Don’t they have the internet in other countries? :slight_smile:

Too much time away from the computer.

Only if they pay Al Gore royalties since he invented it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don't they have the internet in other countries? :)

?

[quote="Tom, post:7, topic:3219"]Don't they have the internet in other countries? :)[/quote]

?

I feel old if the recent crop of college grads don’t know about this infamous Gore “quote”

[quote="Tom, post:7, topic:3219"]Don't they have the internet in other countries? :)[/quote]

?

Inventing the Internet

This must have made more sense in the context of whenever this discussion was (2000?) because it doesn’t sound he he claims to have invented the internet; it just seems like he claims he supported the creation of it.

It’s one of those quotes that evolved. That’s part of what makes it so much fun to “repeat”.

This must have made more sense in the context of whenever this discussion was (2000?) because it doesn't sound he he claims to have invented the internet; it just seems like he claims he supported the creation of it.

It’s one of those quotes that evolved. That’s part of what makes it so much fun to “repeat”.

Well when you use the words “I took the initiative of creating the internet” no evolution is needed

[quote="PSUClassof2011, post:13, topic:3219"]This must have made more sense in the context of whenever this discussion was (2000?) because it doesn't sound he he claims to have invented the internet; it just seems like he claims he supported the creation of it.[/quote]

Well when you use the words “I took the initiative of creating the internet” no evolution is needed

Hard to argue with that !!! :o

[quote="PSUClassof2011, post:13, topic:3219"]This must have made more sense in the context of whenever this discussion was (2000?) because it doesn't sound he he claims to have invented the internet; it just seems like he claims he supported the creation of it.[/quote]

Hard to argue with that !!! :o

…and it’s actually a quote that does have some truth to it, although Gore’s choice of words was, shall we say, unfortunate. Gore was actually important in the legislative support that created a publicly accessible internet, as a co-sponsor of the Information Infrastructure and Technology Act of 1992.

Yes, as did Kerry, Lieberman and others, including a few Republicans.

True. But the point is that his statement about the internet was not a complete falsehood as some people seem to think. There was a basis for his comment. Now, how influential was he, that could be up for debate. But he definitely was a strong advocate for funding of the internet technology and infrastructure projects.

Okay, but taking the quote in full context, he didn’t mean he actually invented the darned thing on his commodore 64 in his mommy’s basement. I’m a Republican, so I don’t care for Gore. But I also don’t like “politics” either. I try to vote for a person I see as being honest and sincere as opposed to just looking at his position statement.