PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Maryland Whiteout, Tailgate, Info

People around campus are trying hard to amp up this game, figured I’d get all of it in one place…ok…all two things

1. Trying hard to get non-students to wear white. It worked pretty well for Illinois, but trying to see if it can be better.

2. Pregame tailgate at Damon’s from 6-8:30 10$ all you can eat buffet. If you’re a student there is a facebook event for this and buses to take you there.

If anything else is going on, feel free to post it in here.

I heard that ticket sales have been awful. Hopefully some of these promotions will help, but it doesn’t sound good. Maybe there will be a good walkup sale on Wednesday.

I would bank on students coming. FB event is pretty big and there seems to be some interest in seeing both teams play. There ought to be a good walkup sale. A lot like the illinois game.

Hopefully the students will come out full force. The late mid-week start time makes it difficult to get many fans that aren’t local.

It’s also the game that Spikes Season tickets get vouchers for. Hopefully that will bring a few more folks. They also get vouchers for the Women’s game against Texas Tech. Two nice games.

[quote=“blue2blue, post:4, topic:1566”]Hopefully the students will come out full force. The late mid-week start time makes it difficult to get many fans that aren’t local.[/quote]Yeah the time stinks for non locals unless they are planning on spending the night in SC

The alumni attendance will be rough, but I can guarantee that the student attendance will more than make up for it. In 07 we had a very respectable student showing for VT and I expect even better with a team like Maryland coming to town.

I hope there is a good student turnout, as this is a game that we really need a good homecourt advantage. I was told on Saturday that we’d sold <5k tickets. I understand that it’s a tough time for those that are traveling, but I was shocked that we hadn’t done better than that against an opponent with the name recognition of Maryland.

That’s my plan. I can leave work at a decent time, get there for the game, crash with friends in SC, and head back to MD at 5AM. Shouldn’t be too rough, and I’ll get to gloat a lot at work on Thursday. I hope. Oh, how I hope.

[quote="battlesway2, post:6, topic:1566"]Yeah the time stinks for non locals unless they are planning on spending the night in SC[/quote]

That’s my plan. I can leave work at a decent time, get there for the game, crash with friends in SC, and head back to MD at 5AM. Shouldn’t be too rough, and I’ll get to gloat a lot at work on Thursday. I hope. Oh, how I hope.

That’s what I plan on doing as well. Not sure about 5am, though… more like 7 or 8 for me.