Maggie Lucas wins McDonald's three point shooting contest

It was strictly a no-contest actually as Maggie blew away the competition topping the 2nd and 3rd place finishers 22 to 12 and 13 respectively.

The McDonald’s Powerade Jam Fest will be replayed several time on various ESPN networks this week so keep your eye out for it. Maggie will also be participating in the McDonald’s All Star game tomorrow on ESPNU at 5:30pm.

Future Lady Lion Lucas Wins McDonald’s All-American Three-Point Shootout

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032910aad.html

Did Maggie play in the game? How did she do?

Used up all her shots in the three point contest. She couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn in the game. She went 0-10 before finally burying a three with less than a minute remaining.

[quote="tundra, post:3, topic:1067"]Did Maggie play in the game? How did she do?[/quote]

Used up all her shots in the three point contest. She couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn in the game. She went 0-10 before finally burying a three with less than a minute remaining.

Thanks, I just watched the replay. Fast forwarding to watch when she was in the game. Nice skills, nice handle. Of course, her shot was not falling. She doesn’t have the speed of many of the girls BUT this was a high talent game. I think Maggie will help. We are going to need scoring next year.

You think she will help? I would think she is at least into double figures her freshman year.

I hopes she helps to make a “winning team” next season. But, I am not sure if she can.
I think it’s a given Maggie will score some points. About 10 ppg in her Freshman year would be a good bet. BUT, the team severely lacks scorers.

I think the weakness like the men was the forward position depth. You are going to see that improve next year. Ariel Edwards is going to bring a lot of quickness to that position to add to Nikki Green’s continuing maturity. If Talia East can add some further depth down low will be important. She brings major rebounding numbers to the talble. Adld in the transfer Nickson and you should see a major improvement down low. Marissa Wolf will be better and brings size. She has talent as does Julia Troegle (frustrating at times) but they will be much better next year. They could use one more guard to complement Bentley and Phillips at the point. I would be surprised it they didn’t have a much better season.

Sounds good…Hope your right!!