PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Made a bet, which is more likely

A guy I work with is a big Duke fan. We talk a lot of smack back and forth, so we made a bet…

If Penn State makes it to the Sweet 16, he has to buy me lunch. If Duke wins the Nat Championship, I have to buy him lunch. If Neither does either, it’s a push.

Question is, which one do you think is more likely? PSU to the Sweet 16, or Duke winning the NC?

Being a PSU Hoops forum, I’m hoping to get a lot of support. :wink:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:2155”]A guy I work with is a big Duke fan. We talk a lot of smack back and forth, so we made a bet…

If Penn State makes it to the Sweet 16, he has to buy me lunch. If Duke wins the Nat Championship, I have to buy him lunch. If Neither does either, it’s a push.

Question is, which one do you think is more likely? PSU to the Sweet 16, or Duke winning the NC?

Being a PSU Hoops forum, I’m hoping to get a lot of support. ;)[/quote]

PSU will not get past SDSU and the Dukies will need consistent production in the paint to win it all. It’s a push…

According to kenpom - Duke has a 15.3 percent chance of winning it all, PSU has a 13.8 percent chance of sweet 16. Pretty fair bet.

What if both happen? You buy me lunch?

I think that is high for Duke’s chances and low for PSU’s. Does he factor Temple’s injury situation in?

I think PSU knocking off Temple and SDSU is much more likely than Duke winning it all. And I’m being sincere about that.

Duke always has a chance, but I don’t think they’ve got the goods this year to get past all the teams they’ll probably be facing. Unless someone upsets Connecticut, Duke will probably have to face them, and that’s obviously a tough contest. That’s assuming they win their 2nd round game, of course. And if they meet Tennessee in the 2nd round, there’s no guarantee they get away with a win, IMO. Tennessee can look awful some nights, but they had some big victories this year. If they upset Duke, that wouldn’t be a shock to me. But assuming Duke gets past both teams, they’ll still have a big hill to climb, and I’m guessing they’ll eventually meet up with Ohio State or Syracuse in the Final Four. I think Ohio State has Duke’s number. I don’t think Duke matches up with them very well at all.

Anyways, you made a good bet, IMO. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your lunch Skeeza.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:2155”]A guy I work with is a big Duke fan. We talk a lot of smack back and forth, so we made a bet…

Being a PSU Hoops forum, I’m hoping to get a lot of support. ;)[/quote]

Package this into a “reality type” show for truTV…you guys can be part of the Big Dance TV Package. :wink:

P.S. truTV (owned by Time/Warner) is the 4th network broadcasting this year. The others are CBS/TNT/TBS

Duke and PSU are both in the Southwest Bracket.

I would LOVE to have Penn State knock off that Tobacco Road team a la 2001 !!!

A man can dream, can’t he?