PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

LOIs are in: Ackerman, Alexis, Lewis, Travis

Welcome!

It is the tallest class ED has signed and we all know you can’t teach height. Of course if you take their four initials it spells TAAL…close enough.

I have a sense that this could be the dawn of a very good era for Penn State hoops. Or maybe it’s just my “positive vibes” getting the best of me.

Whatever it is…I welcome thee to the family with open arms.

Have fun boys.

Welcome to Penn State guys. Work hard this year in the class room, weight room and on the floor. There will be plenty of minutes available to you next year with Talor, Jackson, Brooks and Jones all graduating.

I haven’t seen a press release yet (unless I missed it). If PSU hasn’t put one out, it suggests to me they might be waiting for somebody else…

Maybe we find out that silent verbal that Lar heard rumors about… Or maybe waiting on Reischel?

Great news.

Reischel still hasn’t made up his mind, at least from what I’ve heard.

[quote=“noobd, post:6, topic:1478”]Great news.

Reischel still hasn’t made up his mind, at least from what I’ve heard.[/quote]
That’s just news, not great news. Great news would be he signed a LOI to play at PSU. :wink:

I’m happy that all 4 signed, I pretty much figured they all would

[quote="noobd, post:6, topic:1478"]Great news.

Reischel still hasn’t made up his mind, at least from what I’ve heard.[/quote]
That’s just news, not great news. Great news would be he signed a LOI to play at PSU. :wink:

Ah, whoops. I was referring to the OP with the “great news” bit. ;D

Was hoping they would but thought they may wait for spring signing period.

I like that Alexis signed. Last big man to come from his high school (actually it wasn’t his school since Bishop O’Reilly and Bishop Hoban merged to form Holy Redeemer) was Dave Popson. Dave signed with UNC and played for Dean Smith. Didn’t have the kind of career at UNC he could have had at a smaller school. Dave did have a cup of coffee in the NBA, but I always thought if he went to somewhere like PSU he could have had a fantastic college career.

From the Penn State web site.

Here is an article on Peter Alexis about his LOI. Can’t wait for the McGrane tourney this year to see how he improved.

http://www.timesleader.com/sports/Redeemer_standout_Alexis_inks_letter_of_intent_to_Penn_State_11-10-2010.html