PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

List of radio affiliates?

During Christmas and New Years I will be traveling around the Mid-Atlantic to visit friends and family. I tried to search for a list of Penn State basketball radio affiliations to still listen to games when I’m away, but I have been unsuccessful. All I could find are the football affiliates and I know not all of them carry basketball games. Would anybody happen to know where I could find such a listing? Many thanks for any help you can give me and hopefully others can benefit as well.

Here you go:

http://www.gopsusports.com/ot/nl-update-affiliates.html

This is great! Thank you so much CAPPY for finding this. Now I’ll print it out and keep a copy in my car.

You’re welcome, glad I could help.

Do you have an Android or Iphone? If so download the Tune-In App and you can play your local station using your phone. It works really well.

I don’t have one, but that sounds like a neat thing you can do with it. Maybe I should get one as a present to myself for Christmas. I must be among the minority of folks who don’t have any of those new apple products-iphone, ipad etc.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:5, topic:1644"]Do you have an Android or Iphone? If so download the Tune-In App and you can play your local station using your phone. It works really well.[/quote]

I don’t have one, but that sounds like a neat thing you can do with it. Maybe I should get one as a present to myself for Christmas. I must be among the minority of folks who don’t have any of those new apple products-iphone, ipad etc.

If your a Verizon customer I would go with the Motorola Droid 2 or Droid X. If your ATT you go with the iPhone.

That won’t work (or at least shouldn’t). Radio stations are supposed to turn off their streams during the ball game although sometimes you might find one that forgets.

Do you have an Android or Iphone? If so download the Tune-In App and you can play your local station using your phone. It works really well.

That won’t work (or at least shouldn’t). Radio stations are supposed to turn off their streams during the ball game although sometimes you might find one that forgets.

You might also find stations that forget to turn the game ON :wink:

[quote="jjepsu92, post:5, topic:1644"]Do you have an Android or Iphone? If so download the Tune-In App and you can play your local station using your phone. It works really well.[/quote]

Well I listened to most of the Va Tech game on my Droid plugged into my cars speakers using a patch cord. The station was WILK out of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. They are a Penn State affiliate. I believe this is a grey area. It’s a streaming signal but I can’t get it with my computer but this app allows me to. There are other apps out there like Iheartradio but Tune-in has way more stations.

Well I listened to most of the Va Tech game on my Droid plugged into my cars speakers using a patch cord. The station was WILK out of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. They are a Penn State affiliate. I believe this is a grey area. It’s a streaming signal but I can’t get it with my computer but this app allows me to. There are other apps out there like Iheartradio but Tune-in has way more stations.

If I go to the WILK website and click on this link

I can listen to their stream just fine.

If you listened to our game, I bet they forgot to turn it off.