Lions' tournament sees no ticket sales

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/01/26/lions_tournament_sees_no_ticke.aspx

Can you blame them?

I’m sure Indiana or Purdue students will just call and get those seats…(a fan frustrated by the NLC’s distribution of Big Ten Tournament tickets)

We could go 18-0 in conference and I probably still wouldn’t go.

Too much of a hassle (and money) over Spring Break.

Seems like a bit of a pointless article.

Have student ticket sales boomed in the past for the tournament?

[quote=“Tom, post:5, topic:737”]Seems like a bit of a pointless article.

Have student ticket sales boomed in the past for the tournament?[/quote]

This is the first year a student ticket package is available for Big Tens.

I plan on going next year to my first Big Ten Tournament, but I won’t be getting tickets for that little cost.

If the tournament was only closer, like the Big East Tourney in NYC, I’d go for sure. That’s what I did for part of my break last year (went to the Big East Tourny at MSG and hung around the city).

Being in the basement of the conference isn’t the only reason that neither Iowa or PSU have any sales - they are also the two schools on the east/west border. Have the tournament 4 or 5 hours away and I can assure you that some students would make the trip (more likely to see Purdue and MSU, but they’d still make the trip).

[quote=“State4Life, post:8, topic:737”]If the tournament was only closer, like the Big East Tourney in NYC, I’d go for sure. That’s what I did for part of my break last year (went to the Big East Tourny at MSG and hung around the city).

Being in the basement of the conference isn’t the only reason that neither Iowa or PSU have any sales - they are also the two schools on the east/west border. Have the tournament 4 or 5 hours away and I can assure you that some students would make the trip (more likely to see Purdue and MSU, but they’d still make the trip).[/quote]

That’s why I think they should rotate the venue. Of course this thing isn’t really being held for the students.

We used to get student ticket packages for the A-10’s back when we were in it, and it was in the Palestra. Ahhh, that was some good stuff. ;D

[quote="Tom, post:5, topic:737"]Seems like a bit of a pointless article.

Did any student know there were student ticket packages available?

[quote="Tom, post:5, topic:737"]Seems like a bit of a pointless article.

Did any student know there were student ticket packages available?

I doubt it. I didn’t, and I actually look for these sort of things.

Several years ago, I and several other Big Ten student section leaders appealed for this but nothing was done at the time.