PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Lions Take On No. 19 Wisconsin Tuesday

Dollar Dog Night In The BJC As Lions Face Fourth-straight Ranked Foe

Has anyone heard if Billy Oliver will play?

http://www.swingtownbasketball.com/pregameanalyses.htm

Lions welcome No. 19 Badgers

Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan recalls disappointing tournament game

Inside The Bloggers Unwashed, Unshaven Studio: Wisconsin Hoops Edition

Check out the links below:

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2012/1/30/2759284/pat-chambers-press-conference-recap-billy-oliver-trey-lewis-peter-alexis

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2012/01/31/mbball_Billy_Oliver.aspx

I like that site. A nice snapshot of how we compare tempo-free. It only takes a quick look to realize the differences between the two clubs. The two quickest observations.

1. The only thing we do well is rebound.
  2. Wisconsin is really really good defensively.

I’m going to disagree with their predictions though. They call for Wisconsin to score more than 40 points in the paint. I say they won’t.

Why?

Teams fall in love with the three ball against us and Wisconsin likes to shoot threes. I see no reason to expect the Badgers to be any different than any other team. They’ll launch threes too. If they have an off shooting night, i.e. under 30%, we’ll have a chance to win.

My prediction is that the winner is the first team to break 54 points.

Why so low?

Wisconsin loves to slow things down (2nd lowest paced team in the country - only Western Illinois is slower). They also have the 2nd best defense in the country - only Ohio State is better. Scoring points against them will be an accomplishment. They aren’t a particularly powerful offensive team, so even normally they don’t score a lot of points.

But why 54 points?

We’re stuck on that number. Last three games:

Loss to Ohio State 78-54
Loss to Indiana 73-54
Win over Illinois 54-52

I figure if we can break through that magical number, good things are bound to happen. :wink:

[quote=“UncleLar, post:5, topic:3025”]But why 54 points?

We’re stuck on that number. Last three games:

Loss to Ohio State 78-54
Loss to Indiana 73-54
Win over Illinois 54-52

I figure if we can break through that magical number, good things are bound to happen. ;)[/quote]

And I’m stuck on that number.

Bring back our #54…Ottzilla…

“Car 54 where are you?”

Wisky players visit JoePa statue

That’s a nice gesture from Bo Ryan.

Paterno’s influence and teachings go way beyond Penn State and sports for that matter.

Not to hijack a thread… :o …but what do they do with all that stuff laying next to the statue? Footballs and jerseys and sweatshirts, etc. It would be a shame to have it all go to waste.

What about if it rains or snows?

the Libraries Special Collections are discussing it with the Paternos. My guess is that they will at least record and duplicate any written items left. It has rained and snowed, don’t know what damage has been done to paper items thus far. I do know that someone with the University has been checking daily and removing any alcohol.

The Libraries will be duplicating the post it notes left at the Libraries on the Joe cut out and will be forwarding the originals to the Paternos.

He won’t