Lead Recruiter?

Any idea who was the lead recruiter for Trey?

Do they break it down just by geography? Or does Dan recruit guards and Lewis is trying to get us a big man? Or a combination like the football team does?

[quote=“think1, post:1, topic:131”]Any idea who was the lead recruiter for Trey?

Do they break it down just by geography? Or does Dan recruit guards and Lewis is trying to get us a big man? Or a combination like the football team does?[/quote]

It was Preston. At least that’s who is shown on his rivals profile anyway.

Someone (that I presume wanted to stay anonymous) said it was Kanaskie. Kurt was also the main man on Battle and Buie along with Ed of course.

Anyone know how Ed splits up the recruiting duties?

I would think they would throw Preston around as much as they could since he’s got a ring on his finger

[quote=“think1, post:3, topic:131”]Someone (that I presume wanted to stay anonymous) said it was Kanaskie. Kurt was also the main man on Battle and Buie along with Ed of course.

Anyone know how Ed splits up the recruiting duties?[/quote]

It wasn’t Kanaskie, it was Preston.

[quote="think1, post:3, topic:131"]Someone (that I presume wanted to stay anonymous) said it was Kanaskie. Kurt was also the main man on Battle and Buie along with Ed of course.

Lar, how does Ed have the recruiting organized. In football you pretty much know who is covering each part of the geography. How does Ed delegate the responsibilities?

[quote="think1, post:3, topic:131"]Someone (that I presume wanted to stay anonymous) said it was Kanaskie. Kurt was also the main man on Battle and Buie along with Ed of course.

Lar, how does Ed have the recruiting organized. In football you pretty much know who is covering each part of the geography. How does Ed delegate the responsibilities?

Pretty much the same way. It’s mostly by geography (but I don’t know who has what).

Not that they were offered, but Mookie Jones and Kevin Jones, both highly ranked '08’s, were covered by Dan Earl. Both from Westchester County, NY. Not sure, but I think Kurt has Syracuse.

I would assume Ed would assign by geography BUT keep in mind each coach’s prior coaching/recruiting contacts.
Earl - Philly- Jersey I would think
Kurt - He has been around but I remember talking to him one time when he asked us where we (wife and I) were from. Well he knew the area where we lived in detail and said something like "When I coached at IUP, I recruited the whole Western PA very hard."
Preston - not sure of his prior contacts/coaching recruiting areas.

Preston said on his twitter page not too long ago that there was a lot of talent in the Midwest and the South. Maybe not the most specific geographic region but it gives us an idea of where he’s at.

Since joining the staff, I know for a fact Preston has been to Florida and Ohio…So it’s tough to classify that as a single region :wink:
I know Kanaskie went down to Texas for either Frazier or Babb, I can’t remember.
And I’m not so sure, but I also thought Kanaskie headed up Oliver, which means New Jersey, but again I’m not sure no that…

It’s hard to figure it out with that knowledge, but what I know about Preston goes in line with what Byake said about the Midwest and South(east.)

[quote=“tundra, post:9, topic:131”]I would assume Ed would assign by geography BUT keep in mind each coach’s prior coaching/recruiting contacts.
Earl - Philly- Jersey I would think
Kurt - He has been around but I remember talking to him one time when he asked us where we (wife and I) were from. Well he knew the area where we lived in detail and said something like "When I coached at IUP, I recruited the whole Western PA very hard."
Preston - not sure of his prior contacts/coaching recruiting areas. [/quote]

As far as PA is concerned, Kanaskie is a long time native - he played college ball in Philly (LaSalle), went to high school in the Harrisburg area (Cumberland Valley), and coached college ball in central (Loch Haven) and western (IUP) PA.