PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Lady Lions vs. Texas Tech

gopsusports.com: Lady Lions Welcome Texas Tech to BJC for Big Ten/Big 12 Challenge Sunday

Hello from West Texas. First post here.

I’m looking forward to a good game.

The game from Texas Tech’s viewpoint

[i]"Penn State guard Alex Bentley is averaging 17 points per game and is a 50 percent shooter. The Lions have size at the guard spot, too. Bentley is 5-foot-7, while junior Zhaque Gray is 5-foot-8 and senior Julia Trogele is 6-foot-2.

Penn State’s starting forwards, Marisa Wolfe and Nikki Greene, are 6-foot-2 and 6-foot-4, respectively."[/i]

Absolutely no mention of Maggie Lucas in the entire article

I’m hoping TT’s coaching staff takes her as lightly (I know not likely) as the author of this article did.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:3, topic:1600”]The game from Texas Tech’s viewpoint

[i]"Penn State guard Alex Bentley is averaging 17 points per game and is a 50 percent shooter. The Lions have size at the guard spot, too. Bentley is 5-foot-7, while junior Zhaque Gray is 5-foot-8 and senior Julia Trogele is 6-foot-2.[/quote]

Texas Tech reporters are wacky. The guards are about the same size as the Lady Lions.

Hopefully the Lady Raiders will be ice cold trying to shoot over the zone. Nikki Greene better stay out of foul trouble.

She is mentioned in this article: http://www.texastech.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/120310aaa.html
But they spelled her name Lewis instead of Lucas.

I don’t think the coaches get their scouting reports from these reporters. :wink:

That worries me. Tech does sometimes (too often) go cold on their shooting. As many points as your team puts up, the Lady Raiders can’t afford a poor shooting percentage.

Nice to see a Red Raider visit this site! :slight_smile:

Thank you. I like to see what the fans on the other side are talking about.

It wasn’t an easy place to get into. Had to pass a trivia quiz. ??? I Googled the mountain (then remembered hearing that before). I took a guess at the football coach thinking that it would probably be your football coach. (I really don’t know jack about football.)

Final: Lady Lions won 76-68.

Good game. Good shooting by your team. I was really surprised that Tech got outrebounded.
I figured the Lady Raiders would wear down the Lady Lions as the game progressed, but that didn’t seem to happen.
Congrats.

See you in Lubbock next year. Both teams are young. It’ll probably be mostly the same players for the rematch.

I’m assuming like other conference challenges, match ups change from year to year.

Mia was a beast today.

I have no idea. Someone said that Penn State was playing at Texas Tech next year. I don’t remember where I heard that, so I don’t know if they knew what they were talking about or not.

Yeah, 26 points and 14 rebounds! :o

I hope that PSU & TTech would sign a series. It would be a good OoC series to have.

Nickson will be interesting to watch. She was voted captain, which I dare say is unusual for a transfer in her first season of eligibility.