Lady Lions in Post Season WNIT

http://app.talkfusion.com/fusion2/view.asp?NTI5OTA4_3420522

I didn’t think the selections were announced until teh 15th?

The NIT knows PSU isn’t going to the NCAAs so they can start negotiating with them now if they really want them. It’s only the bubble teams they have to wait on.

yes I know that, and I know you always want to get the word out as soon as possible, but it just seems odd that you go public before it’s official.

Obviously, it was to promote ticket sales ASAP.

[quote="manatree, post:4, topic:965"]yes I know that, and I know you always want to get the word out as soon as possible, but it just seems odd that you go public before it's official.[/quote]

is it offical with a time and date yet?

[quote="manatree, post:4, topic:965"]yes I know that, and I know you always want to get the word out as soon as possible, but it just seems odd that you go public before it's official.[/quote]

It’s official that they are in. They’ll find out who, when, and where they’ll play later tonight.

It’s official that they are in. They’ll find out who, when, and where they’ll play later tonight.

Hofstra - BJC - Thursday - time TBA.

Hofstra - BJC - Thursday - time TBA.

Game is @ 7 PM.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/031510aaa.html

WNIT bracket

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/psu/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2010-WNIT-Bracket.pdf

Lady Lions Fall to Hofstra in WNIT

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/031810aaa.html

Although I’ve never met her, I like Coquese. She’s very bright with an engaging personality that plays well with the media and on the recruiting trail. But her teams often play without the needed energy and effort–last night’s loss to Hofstra being a prime example–and that really concerns me.

They were making solid progress this year before a terrible late-season swoon, which makes me suspect that there were some team chemistry issues on this squad. Let’s hope with another year of maturity and some fresh talent coming on board that the Lady Lions can make a push to the NCAA tournament next season.

[quote=“Evan Ceg, post:11, topic:965”]Although I’ve never met her, I like Coquese. She’s very bright with an engaging personality that plays well with the media and on the recruiting trail. But her teams often play without the needed energy and effort–last night’s loss to Hofstra being a prime example–and that really concerns me.

They were making solid progress this year before a terrible last-season swoon, which makes me suspect that there were some team chemistry issues on this squad. Let’s hope with another year of maturity and some fresh talent coming on board that the Lady Lions can make a push to the NCAA tournament next season. [/quote]

Sorry, I don’t even follow the Lady Lions close enough to realize that they have already played in the WNIT. When I have watched them under the Coquese time frame- I’ve been unimpressed. As said, not a close follower, my gut tells me that the late season swoon would show up as a pattern. Evew if you elect to eliminate OOC games I think first half of conference against last half of conference would show the same.