PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Lady Lions Announce Non-Conference Slate

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/080510aaj.html

2010-11 PENN STATE LADY LIONS NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Sun. Nov. 7 GANNON (PA.) (exhibition) University Park, Pa.
Fri. Nov. 12 at Dayton Dayton, Ohio
Sun. Nov. 14 RIDER University Park, Pa.
Thurs. Nov. 18 at Oakland Rochester, Mich.
Sun. Nov. 21 SOUTH CAROLINA University Park, Pa.
Caribbean Challenge
Thurs. Nov. 25 Wisconsin-Green Bay/Hartford/Utah Riviera Maya, Mexico
Fri. Nov. 26 Wisconsin-Green Bay/Hartford/Utah Riviera Maya, Mexico
Sat. Nov. 27 Wisconsin-Green Bay/Hartford/Utah Riviera Maya, Mexico
ACC/Big Ten Challenge
Thurs. Dec. 2 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Big Ten/Big 12 Challenge
Sun. Dec. 5 TEXAS TECH University Park, Pa.
Wed. Dec. 8 ARMY University Park, Pa.
Sun. Dec. 12 MAINE University Park, Pa.
Sun. Dec. 19 DELAWARE University Park, Pa.
Tues. Dec. 21 DREXEL University Park, Pa.
Tues. Dec. 28 BUCKNELL University Park, Pa.

ARMY has a women’s team??

Wake up Rip Van Tundra. There have been women at the service academies for 35 years.

ARMY has a women's team??

Wake up Rip Van Tundra. There have been women at the service academies for 35 years.

:smiley:

ARMY has a women's team??

I guess “The Past” is a comfortable existence for me… :slight_smile:

Looking back at past seasons, it looks like the Army Women’s team finished 24-6 in 2006-2007, but not only were they snubbed for an NCAA tourny bid, they didn’t even get an invite to the NIT.

…perhaps I’m wrong.

???

[quote=“Skeeza, post:6, topic:1284”]Looking back at past seasons, it looks like the Army Women’s team finished 24-6 in 2006-2007, but not only were they snubbed for an NCAA tourny bid, they didn’t even get an invite to the NIT.

…perhaps I’m wrong.

???[/quote]

Army (24-5, 11-3) finished second to Bucknell (20-9, 12-2) in the Patriot League that season. Then in the opening round of the conference tournament, both Bucknell and Army lost to the #7 and #8 seeds. Holy Cross then went on to win the conference tournament and claim the automatic NCAA bid. As is usual, the Patriot was only a one bid league. That meant that Bucknell, as the regular season champion but left out of the NCAAs, would earn an automatic bid to the Women’s NIT. Army’s 24-6 record was actually 22-5 against D1 teams and was only good enough to earn them an RPI ranking of about 150 (their best non conference win was over RPI #153 St Johns whose record was only 8-20) . With an women’s RPI field of only 48, that wasn’t good enough to get them in.

So when you look past their record, it make perfect sense.