PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Korey Lucious transferring to Iowa State

Don’t like your Big Ten team? Then transfer ISU!

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Korie-Lucious-to-transfer-to-Iowa-State-78733042

He joins Chris Allen last year’s MSU dismissal. Maybe they think Ames is like East Lansing.

I guess “The Mayor” couldn’t reach Devoe Joseph before he decided on Oregon.

I was just in Ames last week and there isn’t a hell of a lot to do Ames and virtually nothing like Lansing. However, with regard to the team, they have a very nice arena for basketball (although it is used for other sports) and in 2009 they built a fully dedicated basketball Practice Facility on the other side of campus (actually it is off campus). I believe it was done via an $8 Million dollar donation by the Sukup family (Sukup Manufacturing Co) and others. I stopped by and it’s a sweet building.

I actually read on one Iowa State player’s twitter (I can’t remember who), but it was months ago, that Korey Lucious was at Iowa State. This was a day or two after he was kicked off the Michigan State team. So I figured there was a good chance he’d transfer there since other players had already done so.

So they have Babb, Lucious, and Allen? All ex-big ten players, Iowa state looks like could be a tough school in the Big XII(-2)very soon.

and Royce White from Minnesota.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:6, topic:2037"]So they have Babb, Lucious, and Allen? All ex-big ten players, Iowa state looks like could be a tough school in the Big XII(-2)very soon.[/quote]

and Royce White from Minnesota.

Interesting – a roster with at least 4 transfers. Are they having trouble finding high school kids to accept scholarships?

It’s possible, but Fred Hoiberg is in his first year trying to rebuild that program and doesn’t have any recruiting experience. Probably opting for a quick-fix to build a foundation.

[quote="mjg, post:8, topic:2037"]Interesting -- a roster with at least 4 transfers. Are they having trouble finding high school kids to accept scholarships?[/quote] It's possible, but Fred Hoiberg is in his first year trying to rebuild that program and doesn't have any recruiting experience. Probably opting for a quick-fix to build a foundation.

I think that is what is going on with all the transfers in. They are all solid players, some had there issues at previous schools but this is their second chance.