PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Kirk Cousins Speech at Big Ten kickoff Luncheon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp15N9BbYgY&feature=player_embedded#at=452

Hope I did this right. This is an incredible speech and should be a must watch for every athlete at every level. If I didn’t insert the link correctly someone please help me.

Another quality post, billtown.

Thanks for sharing.

Well said. And very well spoken.

Maybe I nitpick a little too much… :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it seem tacky, even if this is an ‘informal’ luncheon, that Dave Revsine makes the introductions while sitting down (with his foot kicked up on his knee)?

[quote=“Skeeza, post:4, topic:2584”]Maybe I nitpick a little too much… :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it seem tacky, even if this is an ‘informal’ luncheon, that Dave Revsine makes the introductions while sitting down (with his foot kicked up on his knee)?[/quote]

I found that to be a little odd as well.

It does seems a bit tacky. It’s almost saying that Revsine (and the BTN) is too lazy to get up and address the luncheon from the podium which is more of how the emcee should address the luncheon.

The producer wants to be cute and take a cue from ESPN in their NFL/NBA draft coverage of having their talent at this desk, set apart from the dais. Well that works when you already have an emcee of the event (David Stern and the like) and the host of the TV portion is secondary.

In this case, it doesn’t seem to work.

Now, I should have prefaced this with the fact that I did not watch any of this coverage live on the BTN, so it might have worked when watching it live. Regardless, I find it weird, especially when they cut to Revsine right after the speech and he looks like he’s just hanging out enjoying the view.

It all depends on the rest of the context of the event.

Exactly…in this case, it just looked weird.