Kinda OT: 6'10" girls basketball player

I think this was mentioned before, but here’s a nice video interview of the girl:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6069464n

A 7’+ girl?? That’s unbelievable! There won’t likely be another girl that comes around with the height and physique to even her - that’s amazing, especially considering she’s not a bean pole either. A 7’ man is a high commodity, how about a 7’+ woman?

I believe the Vanderbilt women had a 7 footer a few years back.

[quote="State4Life, post:2, topic:620"]A 7'+ girl?? That's unbelievable! There won't likely be another girl that comes around with the height and physique to even her - that's amazing, especially considering she's not a bean pole either. A 7' man is a high commodity, how about a 7'+ woman?[/quote]

They said at 6’10, she is tied for the tallest girl alive right now…

[quote="State4Life, post:2, topic:620"]A 7'+ girl?? That's unbelievable! There won't likely be another girl that comes around with the height and physique to even her - that's amazing, especially considering she's not a bean pole either. A 7' man is a high commodity, how about a 7'+ woman?[/quote]

Either that Vanderbilt player met an early fate, or they don’t count women as girls when they hit 21 years old.

Either that Vanderbilt player met an early fate, or they don’t count women as girls when they hit 21 years old.

Ahh, the technicalities. Sounds right though.

I don’t remember a 7’ Vandy player (not any US collegiate player for that matter) but there have been 7 foot women playing hoops before.

7 footer Uljana Semjonova was a Latvian women’s basketball player from the 70s/80’s.

Margo Dydek 7’2" played for Poland in the 2000 Olympics and later in the WNBA for Phoenix

There have been a couple of claims for tallest woman in the world that are way way past 7 foot tall.Yao Sandy Allen of Chicago was listed in the Guinness Book of Records at 7’7+" beginning in the 70s.

Although Allen held the title of world’s tallest woman, there were many who claimed thta Yao Defen of China was taller at 7’8". Allen passed away in 2008 and Defen is now universally recognized as the tallest woman.

There was an article about her in SI in 1993. She was only 6’10". I found the article yesterday but can’t seem to locate it now.