Kevin Noreen

I figured we should have a Kevin Noreen thread started since he seems to be the kid coming for a visit this weekend that Skeeza alluded to in the recruiting thread.

The low down on Noreen is he decommitted from BC after a coaching change, he was named Mr. Basketball in Minnesota and is more of a finesse type post player with prolific scoring numbers (4,086 career points to be exact). By far and away our best shot at getting a solid player who likely could contribute his freshman year. His toughness seems to be a question mark but some quotes I’ve read say he should be fine when he bulks up some. Also BC articles considered him to be the gem of their '10 class fwiw.

Keep your fingers crossed.

According to this blog Noreen will be visiting Inidiana May7th and will be visiting Providence this weekend. Sorry for the false alarm but I really hope they do get this kid on campus.

some video

http://wcco.com/video/?id=73141@wcco.dayport.com

[quote=“byake, post:1, topic:1140”]I figured we should have a Kevin Noreen thread started since he seems to be the kid coming for a visit this weekend that Skeeza alluded to in the recruiting thread.

The low down on Noreen is he decommitted from BC after a coaching change, he was named Mr. Basketball in Minnesota and is more of a finesse type post player with prolific scoring numbers (4,086 career points to be exact). By far and away our best shot at getting a solid player who likely could contribute his freshman year. His toughness seems to be a question mark but some quotes I’ve read say he should be fine when he bulks up some. Also BC articles considered him to be the gem of their '10 class fwiw.

Keep your fingers crossed. [/quote]

4000 points is unreal. Basically 31 pts. per game for 33 game season for 4 years. Never heard of anything like that. Finesse post players worth their weight in gold. That amount of points might be #1 in state history. Would be in NYS. I think Talor had around 2400, and he averaged about 27pg his last 3 seasons, 22-25 game seasons. Playoffs help the totals a lot. Providence just signed Brice Kofane, so maybe they’re less interested. Let’s hope so.

[quote="byake, post:1, topic:1140"]I figured we should have a Kevin Noreen thread started since he seems to be the kid coming for a visit this weekend that Skeeza alluded to in the recruiting thread.

Keep your fingers crossed.[/quote]

4000 points is unreal. Basically 31 pts. per game for 33 game season for 4 years. Never heard of anything like that. Finesse post players worth their weight in gold. That amount of points might be #1 in state history. Would be in NYS. I think Talor had around 2400, and he averaged about 27pg his last 3 seasons, 22-25 game seasons. Playoffs help the totals a lot. Providence just signed Brice Kofane, so maybe they’re less interested. Let’s hope so.

It is the state record. Broke the old one by 600 points.

But there are some who don’t like how he got it.

[quote="byake, post:1, topic:1140"]I figured we should have a Kevin Noreen thread started since he seems to be the kid coming for a visit this weekend that Skeeza alluded to in the recruiting thread.

Keep your fingers crossed.[/quote]

It is the state record. Broke the old one by 600 points.

But there are some who don’t like how he got it.

Kind of an unusual route to DI basketball, playing undermanned charter schools. Maybe it was a religious thing or academic rigor, as I see he took online courses. With what’s going on in high school academics these days, hard to blame parents for doing this, but 156-33? Good, stiff comp certainly would be more beneficial to his bball development. I see one site, a BC sports site, reports him as 7’0".

Unusual HS, indeed. BUT, I like guys who “score points” no matter what the competition level.

Also, it seems he signed a LOI with BC. Linked below.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2010/4/19/1430283/headlines-kevin-noreen-to-transfer