PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Kevin Montminy

Welcome Kevin

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/03/26/2608225/lions-add-ram.html

Kevin Montminy Bball - TipOff 1000pts

Someone had posted recently on one of the PSU forums that this was a possibility

Welcome and good luck!!

I believe that would be me, I had to keep this under my hat for a bit. Kevin is a player, a great shooter. A fine addition!

There are some clips on YouTube of him dropping 30+ in some games. You can tell the level of comp isnt like Lewis’, but Montminy can definitely score.

What’s his size like? Position?

6’3" guard according to the link below.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/GMUt0eqYtU-wnsr0IS7SfQ/basketball-winter-10-11/profile-kevin-montminy.htm

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:2259"]Someone had posted recently on one of the PSU forums that this was a possibility[/quote]

I believe that would be me, I had to keep this under my hat for a bit. Kevin is a player, a great shooter. A fine addition!

There are some clips on YouTube of him dropping 30+ in some games. You can tell the level of comp isnt like Lewis’, but Montminy can definitely score.

I thought it was you…just couldn’t find where I saw it.

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:2259"]Someone had posted recently on one of the PSU forums that this was a possibility[/quote]

Who else recruited him?

http://www.centredaily.com/2010/05/12/1971409/rams-montminy-balances-heavy-spring.html

Its an article from May 2010 but its good bio. 3-sport athlete, played AAU under Glenn Sekunda for PA Pride. College listed are East Stroudsburg, Lycoming, Juniata and Hobart College in NY.

For those of you who haven’t clicked on the link, he’s joining the team as a preferred walk-on.

One of the things we’ve been missing since Mike Walker and Danny Morrisey left is someone who could come off the bench and hit two or three three-pointers. That probably would have turned some of our close losses the past few years into wins. It seems like every top team has someone like Diebler who can kill you with threes.

Danny Morrissey might be a good role model for this kid. Great shooter, made the most out of his ability by being in the right places on the court.

Kevin is a nice small school, high school player. He’ll have to improve his quickness to be able to hang defensively and to get open looks coming off screens. Don’t expect him to contribute any time soon.

One of the things we’ve been missing since Mike Walker and Danny Morrisey left is someone who could come off the bench and hit two or three three-pointers. That probably would have turned some of our close losses the past few years into wins. It seems like every top team has someone like Diebler who can kill you with threes.

I thought you were going to complete the words in bold with “a white boy who could shoot” ;D

I’m sorry, I’m just in a silly mood. Hey at least I didn’t go onto the “Elton John” thread and say something like…“so the BJC was going to bounce a potential NIT Final Four basketball team from practicing in their home gym for some xxx playing a piano”. Like I said, I’m just in a silly mood…don’t take anything that I say literally at this point. I mean none of it.

Kid can shoot. Might not make an impact off the bat, but at the end of the day if you can get it in the hoop that’s a good first step. Steve Kirkpatrick was a big lockerroom guy that didn’t get the credit he should have. Kevin might not be the next Talor Battle but no saying he can’t help out.

Welcome aboard Kev.

His name has a lot of the same letters as Mount Nittany, so he’s an obvious fit.

He’d have fit in better at Montana or Minnesota then :slight_smile:

His name has a lot of the same letters as Mount Nittany, so he's an obvious fit.

Maybe. But I could see a 3 year old mispronouncing Mount Nittany as Montminy. So I still say he fits here better.

[quote="mjg, post:16, topic:2259"]His name has a lot of the same letters as Mount Nittany, so he's an obvious fit.[/quote]

Maybe. But I could see a 3 year old mispronouncing Mount Nittany as Montminy. So I still say he fits here better.

I wouldn’t care if his name is Charles Manson…as long as he could shoot the rock ;D

Good thing he’s a basketball player and not football. Joe would refer to him as the “Mount Nittany kid”