PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

KenPom Now Subscription Based

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/an_important_message/

An easy $20 to fork over for a great service.

This is about an easy of a decision as forking over the $25 for Jerry Palm’s site. At $20, I’ll probably be paying between 5 and 10 cents an hour for use this season. :wink:

Couldn’t agree more. A no brainer. I also subscribe to Basketball State.

I’m just hoping Kid is not going to charge for his picks this season :wink:

Another reasonably priced, high quality service.

KenPom is going to bring in at least 200k this week. Well earned, IMO. This was inevitable. Kinda wondered why he never charged sooner.

Reading this thread tells you exactly why:D

He gets people addicted, then charges a very reasonable rate that few would balk at to pay.

Actually scratch that, it sounds like he does have the model I’m thinking of in mind. Good job Kenny. :smiley:

Hah! Yes, would like to beat him again. I really think he just doesn’t adjust, e.g., he uses the whole season stats, so late in the season, when a team is hot, his numbers don’t show. I know Lar will go nuts over this, but I basically looked at the betting line, no great insight, yet I won 14 straight, in February/March.

IMO, the best way to bet is to look at the line changes late, like on bodog. Late money is smart money, like last 15 minutes, you often see 1 to 2 point swings.

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:2766"]I'm just hoping Kid is not going to charge for his picks this season ;)[/quote]

Hah! Yes, would like to beat him again. I really think he just doesn’t adjust, e.g., he uses the whole season stats, so late in the season, when a team is hot, his numbers don’t show. I know Lar will go nuts over this, but I basically looked at the betting line, no great insight, yet I won 14 straight, in February/March.

IMO, the best way to bet is to look at the line changes late, like on bodog. Late money is smart money, like last 15 minutes, you often see 1 to 2 point swings.

I’ll gladly let you try again. Perhaps, this time you could do a better job of explaining how your approach has anything to do with your eyeballs.

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:2766"]I'm just hoping Kid is not going to charge for his picks this season ;)[/quote]

I’ll gladly let you try again. Perhaps, this time you could do a better job of explaining how your approach has anything to do with your eyeballs.

Sore loser. I was trying to do as many games as possible, not cherry pick. I eyeballed at least half my picks, and late in the season, picked a bunch of Big 10 games, PSU a few times. I was just trying to give kenpom a fair shot by picking more games. If I just used the Big 10, Pac 10, Big East, ACC, Big 12, SEC games, I would’ve beaten him by a greater percentage. You picked the rules, I went by them. Game, set, match. In terms of “trying”, it’s kenpom that needs “to try again”, not me. And since you dropped the ball on the final results as they didn’t fit your opinion, I felt invalidated. :wink: It seems his stats don’t keep up with how a team is playing currently, but the whole season. Look at how well UM and PSU played late last year. He missed those. Appears to be a weakness in his late season picks. He picked Northwestern over PSU at Evanston. I mean, come on. Blowout game.