PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Keeping your rage clean

I’m annoyed and mad like the rest of you, but if there is one that makes me rage even more it’s 3000 threads that all say the same thing.

So if you’re pissed and raging post it here. Keep the front page clean of a million threads of hate. I feel you, but lets keep our pants on.

Not mad at all, kind of expected this.

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:1927”]I’m annoyed and mad like the rest of you, but if there is one that makes me rage even more it’s 3000 threads that all say the same thing.

So if you’re pissed and raging post it here. Keep the front page clean of a million threads of hate. I feel you, but lets keep our pants on.[/quote]

Not only did Roe’s cherry picking earn Green the triple double, it meant that the Breslin Center crowd won free tacos for the Spartans dropping 70 on us. DAMN IT, HOW COME WE NEVER GET FREE TACOS??!?!?!?!

Thanks, feel better now.

Hm, this is 2 losses in a row when i wore a penn state tie the day of… this doesn’t make much sense to me.

Oh well, ED and the boys are just setting up for a very epic B10 tourney run.

Great, the talk has turned to our annual “Just have to win the B10 Tourney” talk. I must admit, this is later than I thought we would see this discussion, so I guess that is a positive sign.

Upset but knew this would happen . You knew this would happen sooner or later. Looking like NIT or nothing. Not a good way to end it for Talor :-\

Better to beat O$U on senior night, or better to wait and beat them in the B1G Tourney championship game to dance? :wink:

Now this is what I’m talking about! ;D Well we can all dream can’t we? lol

Why not Win both?

[quote="bstanf, post:7, topic:1927"]Better to beat O$U on senior night, or better to wait and beat them in the B1G Tourney championship game to dance? ;)[/quote]

Now this is what I’m talking about! ;D Well we can all dream can’t we? lol

Might as well dream. The reality sucks!

I feel for him as an individual and for the team in general. Poor kid is pressing and taking wild shots. Last night he couldn’t get anything to fall. He looks is a frustrated Crispin out there. I feel bad because you see how bad he wants to win. I hope they get it back on track Sunday. About 7,500 tickets have been sold already. Also hope for a good student turn out with a 3:30 tip and no playoff football anymore.

Excuse #1: It’s a canning weekend.

Is it rage, or just simply being re-disappointed?

PSUChamp08: “Looks like l missed something”

PSHoopsBoard: “You did. We’re all officially kicked out of the NCAA Tournament. The Committee just got
our recent results.”

PSUChamp08: “They kicked us out of the Tournament? That makes sense.”

NittanyIllini: “What’s this lying around sh-t?”

Lar: “Well what the hell we supposed to do you moron?”

NGameday: “War’s over. The NCAA dropped the big one.”

NittanyIllini: “Over’? Did you say ‘over’? Nothing’s over until we decide it is! Was it over when Maine bombed the BJC? Hell, no! And it ain’t over now.”

Until this team hits 10 Big Ten losses this season, I refuse to say it’s over.

They still have NW twice and Minny twice and a juicy home game vs a possible undefeated Ohio State team. Is 4-2 probable the rest of the way…no…but is it possible? Heck yeah. Who thought this team would be tied with OSU in Columbus with under :20 to go? Who thought the same at Purdue?

It’s not over folks…it’s far from over.

Last night in East Lansing was tough, for sure. But MSU finally broke out of their funk, and we just happened to be the fodder.

I feel sorry for our next few opponents…NW and Minny should not even show up to the BJC. Jeff Brooks, Talor Battle and the rest will be refocused to end this season on a high note and get to that magical 9-9 somehow, someway…then do what they need to do at the BTT.

THE SEASON IS DEAD! THE SKY IS GREEN, THE GRASS IS BLUE! THERE IS NO HOPE. WE ALL NEED TO ACCEPT THAT THE TEAM HAS NO HEART, NO DESIRE, AND INTENTIONALLY TRIED TO LOSE BY 20 POINTS LAST NIGHT! THIS IS A JOKE! ED STINKS! OH GOD IT’S ALL OVER. PSU BASKETBALL WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM THIS RESULT.

Okay, I got my incoherent small minded rant out of the way. So now it’s time to sigh, relax in my chair, and watch FOS blow up.

I’m not gonna rant. I just think its a shame that someone (Parkhill) gave the AD a blueprint for long term success, and they can’t seem to follow it. Ed makes a decent mid-major coach and a fine assistant, but I’ve seen nothing to indicate he’ll ever make this program into a perennial NCAA Tourney threat…not to mention winning the B10 once or twice every decade. That doesn’t mean he has to make the dance every year - but there has to be consistent recruiting, stabilization of the number of transfers, and there has to be reasonable non conf sched’s to go along with the rest.

This doesn’t even get into the coaching - the consistent lapses on defense, the poor shot selection, the lack of player development, etc.

Again, is that too much to ask for?

[quote=“pennst92, post:16, topic:1927”]I’m not gonna rant. I just think its a shame that someone (Parkhill) gave the AD a blueprint for long term success, and they can’t seem to follow it. Ed makes a decent mid-major coach and a fine assistant, but I’ve seen nothing to indicate he’ll ever make this program into a perennial NCAA Tourney threat…not to mention winning the B10 once or twice every decade. That doesn’t mean he has to make the dance every year - but there has to be consistent recruiting, stabilization of the number of transfers, and there has to be reasonable non conf sched’s to go along with the rest.

This doesn’t even get into the coaching - the consistent lapses on defense, the poor shot selection, the lack of player development, etc.

Again, is that too much to ask for?[/quote]We haven’t made it in 8 years and won’t be anytime soon. There is not 1 other bcs conf school that would allow a coach with these types of results to stay on this long. Great guy but not a great coach

[quote="pennst92, post:16, topic:1927"]I'm not gonna rant. I just think its a shame that someone (Parkhill) gave the AD a blueprint for long term success, and they can't seem to follow it. Ed makes a decent mid-major coach and a fine assistant, [b]but I've seen nothing to indicate he'll ever make this program into a perennial NCAA Tourney threat[/b]...not to mention winning the B10 once or twice every decade. That doesn't mean he has to make the dance every year - but there has to be consistent recruiting, stabilization of the number of transfers, and there has to be reasonable non conf sched's to go along with the rest.

Again, is that too much to ask for?[/quote]We haven’t made it in 8 years and won’t be anytime soon. There is not 1 other bcs conf school that would allow a coach with these types of results to stay on this long. Great guy but not a great coach

Northwestern? They would have gladly taken an 2 NIT trips over the last 8 years, one of which ended in a NIT Championship, and I don’t see Carmody going anywhere this year. They are still in a BCS conference, aren’t they?

[quote="pennst92, post:16, topic:1927"]I'm not gonna rant. I just think its a shame that someone (Parkhill) gave the AD a blueprint for long term success, and they can't seem to follow it. Ed makes a decent mid-major coach and a fine assistant, [b]but I've seen nothing to indicate he'll ever make this program into a perennial NCAA Tourney threat[/b]...not to mention winning the B10 once or twice every decade. That doesn't mean he has to make the dance every year - but there has to be consistent recruiting, stabilization of the number of transfers, and there has to be reasonable non conf sched's to go along with the rest.

Northwestern? They would have gladly taken an 2 NIT trips over the last 8 years, one of which ended in a NIT Championship, and I don’t see Carmody going anywhere this year. They are still in a BCS conference, aren’t they?

Since 2003-2004 season…Keep in mind NW is a unique situation with their hands somewhat tied in the type of player(s) they can recruit

Ed 107-134
NW 115-123

Since 2003-2004 season…Keep in mind NW is a unique situation with their hands somewhat tied in the type of player(s) they can recruit

Ed 107-134
NW 115-123

Your argument was that there wasn’t another BCS school that would allow these results. You think if you gave Northwestern an NIT Title but took away 8 of their wins, they would have canned Carmody?