PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Just had to share... reaction from my friend about Brandon Austin

She’s a good friend, even if she DID graduate from Pitt and roots for Nova. ::slight_smile: You can imagine the ALL the ribbing I’ve had to take over the years… especially during March Madness. LOL.

Anyway, I posted the D Jones article on my facebook this morning. Her reply?

AHHHHH NO!!! Nova’s been recruiting him hard!! PSU, picking up the pace in hoops, huh?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Feels good to be on THIS side of the recruiting battle!!! Go Pat!

It will be interesting to see how Nova does in the future. The three teams leaving the Big East are going to hurt the strength of the conference and maybe that will impact the attractiveness of Nova to recruits in the long run.

%$#@&$# Nova…They get WAY TOO LOVE around here…Kidda like a certain former HC. :wink:

By the way how does a school in a yuppie suburb surrounded by zillion dollar horse farms keep getting called a “Philly School???”

We should just change the name of the BIG EAST. It is no longer ‘BIG’, and it is no longer in the ‘EAST’.

Here is my suggestion:

THE NEW JERSEY CONFERENCE

This pays homage to fact that the only football program holdover that will be in the former BIG EAST conference this coming season (2012) that was also in the conference in 2003, is Rutgers.

It will be interesting to see how Nova does in the future. [b] The three teams leaving the Big East [/b] are going to hurt the strength of the conference and maybe that will impact the attractiveness of Nova to recruits in the long run.

We should just change the name of the BIG EAST. It is no longer ‘BIG’, and it is no longer in the ‘EAST’.

Here is my suggestion:

This pays homage to fact that the only football program holdover that will be in the former BIG EAST conference this coming season (2012) that was also in the conference in 2003, is Rutgers.

How about the Mystery Conference, kinda like the mystery meal in high school cafeteria which was a mess of leftovers mixed together.

I vote for the "Not As Big As It Used To Be L(east) "

It will be interesting to see how Nova does in the future. [b] The three teams leaving the Big East [/b] are going to hurt the strength of the conference and maybe that will impact the attractiveness of Nova to recruits in the long run.

Here is my suggestion:

Shouldn’t that just be the New York Conference, since All New York Teams play in Jersey anyway. :wink:

[quote="GoSpikes, post:2, topic:3057"]It will be interesting to see how Nova does in the future. [b] The three teams leaving the Big East [/b] are going to hurt the strength of the conference and maybe that will impact the attractiveness of Nova to recruits in the long run.[/quote]

Here is my suggestion:

Shouldn’t that just be the New York Conference, since All New York Teams play in Jersey anyway. :wink:

It’s more like Rutgers, UConn and a bunch of Catholic Schools. I honestly don’t know if I could name two thirds of the basketball Big East anymore.

[quote="GoSpikes, post:2, topic:3057"]It will be interesting to see how Nova does in the future. [b] The three teams leaving the Big East [/b] are going to hurt the strength of the conference and maybe that will impact the attractiveness of Nova to recruits in the long run.[/quote]

Here is my suggestion:

It’s more like Rutgers, UConn and a bunch of Catholic Schools. I honestly don’t know if I could name two thirds of the basketball Big East anymore.

I’m going to take on this challenge. Let me try!

UConn, Notre Dame, Louisville, Marquette, Memphis, San Diego State, Houston, SMU, Providence, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Depaul, UCF, USF.

SHOW ME THE MONEY?! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Forgot Villanova :frowning:

Here is my suggestion:

UConn, Notre Dame, Louisville, Marquette, Memphis, San Diego State, Houston, SMU, Providence, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Depaul, UCF, USF.

San Diego State is football only, so scratch them. Add Georgetown, St. John’s and Seton Hall. I think that’s it.

Here is my suggestion:

San Diego State is football only, so scratch them. Add Georgetown, St. John’s and Seton Hall. I think that’s it.

Can you imagine those road trips from UConn to San Diego?

How about when the coeds pile into the car at South Florida so they can go to that game in Boise? They better leave Wednesday night for that Saturday kickoff. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:11, topic:3057”]Can you imagine those road trips from UConn to San Diego?

How about when the coeds pile into the car at South Florida so they can go to that game in Boise? They better leave Wednesday night for that Saturday kickoff. :P[/quote]

Sign me up for a road trip that involves a pile of coeds from South Florida any day of the week ;D

San Diego State, Houston, Memphis, SMU? I haven’t been paying attention. I’m having trouble remembering who left, Syracuse, Pitt and who?