PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Just a reminder to wear white

Not really a whole topic to talk about this but since I know they’re pushing for this just a heads up. I wouldn’t expect anything special but every shirt counts. 2,500 free ones if you get there early

My wife bought me a Penn State sweatshirt two years ago which I’ve worn 3 times. I was planning on wearing it, but it’s blue. Are you saying I shouldn’t? I’m not buying a white one.

White non-PSU > blue PSU

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:2019"]Not really a whole topic to talk about this but since I know they're pushing for this just a heads up. I wouldn't expect anything special but every shirt counts. 2,500 free ones if you get there early[/quote]

My wife bought me a Penn State sweatshirt two years ago which I’ve worn 3 times. I was planning on wearing it, but it’s blue. Are you saying I shouldn’t? I’m not buying a white one.

I’d say wear the PSU gear. The students are good about wearing white, but the season ticket holders and walk-up ticket buyers never do, so it’s not an impressive “whiteout” scene anyway.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:2019"]Not really a whole topic to talk about this but since I know they're pushing for this just a heads up. I wouldn't expect anything special but every shirt counts. 2,500 free ones if you get there early[/quote]

I’d say wear the PSU gear. The students are good about wearing white, but the season ticket holders and walk-up ticket buyers never do, so it’s not an impressive “whiteout” scene anyway.

They are getting a lot better at it. I was impressed with how many people wore white at the last one.

Or, one of my biggest collegiate sports pet peeves…White non-PSU > blue PSU > any other non-school color fans of that school wear to games

This is why you should wear white:

Now, will it look like that tonight? Probably not, but why wear non-white even if it says PSU on it. Unless you’re wearing red, most people will assume you’re a PSU fan regardless. Eh, just my $.02

[quote=“vslice02, post:7, topic:2019”]This is why you should wear white:

Now, will it look like that tonight? Probably not, but why wear non-white even if it says PSU on it. Unless you’re wearing red, most people will assume you’re a PSU fan regardless. Eh, just my $.02[/quote]

Agree.

And thanks to the OP for reminding me I have to go to the cleaners and pick up my white shirt. :slight_smile:

Kid, Your Butt in Seat and rooting (loudly) for the Lions trumps any shirt color.

Kid, Your Butt in Seat and rooting (loudly) for the Lions trumps any shirt color.

Except we cry and moan about the BJC not being a hostile environment but whenever someone tries something to unify the crowd, we get a fan base that won’t cooperate. Everyone has to at least have a white t-shirt at home. How hard is it to put one on?

Except we cry and moan about the BJC not being a hostile environment but whenever someone tries something to unify the crowd, we get a fan base that won’t cooperate. Everyone has to at least have a white t-shirt at home. How hard is it to put one on?

Maybe there will be a white t-shirt on the back of every seat. I’ve seen that done before.

Tonight they’re giving out t-shirts to the first 2,500 people through the doors. So best to wear white.

[quote="noobd, post:3, topic:2019"]White non-PSU > blue PSU[/quote]

Or, one of my biggest collegiate sports pet peeves…White non-PSU > blue PSU > any other non-school color fans of that school wear to games

Agree. I mean, you don’t have to go out and buy a PSU jersey or even a PSU sweatshirt or whatever to wear. But is it really that tough to find something white or navy blue to wear to PSU sporting events? I mean, we are talking about some pretty basic colors for clothes. I don’t get the people who wear red or green or whatever colors to PSU events. I know it’s not the end of the world, but wearing the colors of the team you are supporting is easy and just makes sense.

As for tonight, everyone has a white t-shirt they can wear. It shouldn’t be difficult.