Jon Graham Q & A

Good Stuff from BWI. Campus blew him away.

http://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1085760

Nice!

[b]BWI[/b]: So tell me about your game. How do you think you can contribute?

Graham: Whatever way I can. I feel my first strength is on the inside, I’m an inside player, but I can also do things on the outside as well, so I’m like a real versatile big man.

BWI: What are some of the things you need to work on? Your strength has been brought up as a possible issue.

Graham: It’s nothing that can’t be fixed with time in the weight room. I need to get stronger but I’m going to have a whole summer and fall with the training staff. Beyond that, I think I need to work on my ball handling.

Uh oh Kid. I hope he he knows we have plenty of forwards who can drift out to the perimeter. He needs to stick to his first strength because there’s lots of PT available for guys who want to play inside.
BWI: What's your size right now?

Graham: I’m 6-foot-9, 218.

Nice. I was expecting his listed 6’8" to really mean he was 6’6" and change.

Too bad they didn’t ask him what other schools were really recruiting him besides Seton Hall’s old staff - I was/am interested.

If true, thats also great news that he is 6’9. I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn that someone close to SHU said he was closer to 6’6 or 6’7.

[quote=“JakkL, post:3, topic:1176”][quote]BWI: What are some of the things you need to work on? Your strength has been brought up as a possible issue.

Graham: It’s nothing that can’t be fixed with time in the weight room. I need to get stronger but I’m going to have a whole summer and fall with the training staff. Beyond that, I think I need to work on my ball handling.[/quote]
Uh oh Kid. I hope he he knows we have plenty of forwards who can drift out to the perimeter. He needs to stick to his first strength because there’s lots of PT available for guys who want to play inside.

[quote]BWI: What’s your size right now?

Graham: I’m 6-foot-9, 218.[/quote]
Nice. I was expecting his listed 6’8" to really mean he was 6’6" and change.[/quote]

He says he’s an inside player. He says that’s his strength. It is great he’s 6’9". I think one thing that happens is when guys get to college they can get intimidated by the opposing bigs inside, either by height, strength or both, so they drift away. I thought Cornley had the best approach. He muscled inside unless it was vs. a team with a real swatter, like a 7 footer, like Mullens or Tisdale, then he’d drift away, but that made sense. When there’s that much height difference, you can’t get your shot off no matter how tough you position. Most guys drift away for a different reason…they don’t like getting pushed around, and they are concerned about getting stripped of the ball. Last year’s PSU front line one of the tallest overall, way bigger than OSU, yet didn’t really post up at all. That was PSU’s real edge, but we got into a perimeter game, and OSU was better at that.

[quote="JakkL, post:3, topic:1176"][quote]BWI: What are some of the things you need to work on? Your strength has been brought up as a possible issue.

Graham: It’s nothing that can’t be fixed with time in the weight room. I need to get stronger but I’m going to have a whole summer and fall with the training staff. Beyond that, I think I need to work on my ball handling.[/quote]

[quote]BWI: What’s your size right now?

Graham: I’m 6-foot-9, 218.[/quote]
Nice. I was expecting his listed 6’8" to really mean he was 6’6" and change.[/quote]

He says he’s an inside player. He says that’s his strength. It is great he’s 6’9". I think one thing that happens is when guys get to college they can get intimidated by the opposing bigs inside, either by height, strength or both, so they drift away. I thought Cornley had the best approach. He muscled inside unless it was vs. a team with a real swatter, like a 7 footer, like Mullens or Tisdale, then he’d drift away, but that made sense. When there’s that much height difference, you can’t get your shot off no matter how tough you position. Most guys drift away for a different reason…they don’t like getting pushed around, and they are concerned about getting stripped of the ball. Last year’s PSU front line one of the tallest overall, way bigger than OSU, yet didn’t really post up at all. That was PSU’s real edge, but we got into a perimeter game, and OSU was better at that.

Kid if this kid has a hook with each hand like he says, he can just Shaq his ass to the hoop, drop step away from the hoop and hook it. I always wondered why more kids don’t develop a hook. The shot is almost indefensible.