PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Jermaine Marshall Thread

Jermaine Marshall 4 MVP!!!

I’ve read/seen a couple things about Jermaine that I really like:

1. From the Collegian article this morning:

[i]Brooks said that Marshall is extremely vocal, especially for a redshirt freshman.

Marshall talks a lot in practice. Marshall talks a lot in games.

“He talks a lot off the court, too,” Brooks joked. “But it’s good. He’s developed into a leader at such a young age for the college game. He’s only 19.”

After the upset of the Spartans, Battle called Marshall one of the most confident kids he’s ever played with.[/i]

PSU will need leadership next season with a group of young kids. Perhaps Jermaine will be that guy.

1. I like the picture of Marshall from DJones’ piece in which he appears to be driving off a screen. I didn’t actually see the play but it appears he was putting the ball on the floor with the intention of getting somewhere. This is something that has been missing from way too many PSU guards (not named TB).

Not sure why, but prior to this season I was thinking that he might be timid, maybe afraid to take the ball to the rack, especially against BigTen defenders. But he shows no fear, and has a great attitude. I liked this quote from the Collegian article:

“Jermaine went, ‘Man, if I would have hit some more of those free throws I would have had 11 [points],’ ” Battle recalled. “And I said, ‘Man, you don’t know how important eight points off the bench is.’ ”

He had a really nice game against a top 20 team, and wasn’t satisfied - was thirsting for me. Gotta love that!

[quote=“blue2blue, post:23, topic:1751”]Not sure why, but prior to this season I was thinking that he might be timid, maybe afraid to take the ball to the rack, especially against BigTen defenders. But he shows no fear, and has a great attitude. I liked this quote from the Collegian article:

“Jermaine went, ‘Man, if I would have hit some more of those free throws I would have had 11 [points],’ ” Battle recalled. “And I said, ‘Man, you don’t know how important eight points off the bench is.’ ”

He had a really nice game against a top 20 team, and wasn’t satisfied - was thirsting for me. Gotta love that![/quote]

That quote really makes me think he will be pouring many more 8-plus games down the stretch of this season. I am really anxious to see this next game to see if PSU can really create some momentum.