PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Jermaine Marshall suspended "indefinitely"

FightOnState.com’s Mark Brennan is reporting that Jermaine Marshall has been suspended indefinitely by Pat Chambers for a “violation of team rules”. There is no time table for his return. Also, Cam Woodyard had arthroscopic knee surgery in early October and will not get on the court for another 2-3 weeks.

And your starting two guard…Trey Lewis!

Dave Jones report on the link below:

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2011/10/jermaine_marshall_suspended_fr.html

Poor Stretch…surely if he wasn’t the asst football SID, he’d have had this info out at least yesterday :slight_smile:

Also said Woodyard had a scoped knee and will be out another few weeks.

Hopefully this is just a wake up call to Marshall that he buckles down and gets back on the team and works his way out of the doghouse.

PSU can’t afford to be without both those guys or the guard position gets real thin.

Was just about to post that. Three weeks from today is November 9th. Looks like he might be questionable for the first few games.

Never thought Marshall would get the suspended indefinitely tag. Kind of dissapointing.

Awwwww crap!

I wouldn’t count out Matt Glover.

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:2740"]And your starting two guard...Trey Lewis![/quote]

There’s plenty of room for everyone in a 4-guard lineup.

i hope Cam doesn’t rush back. it’ll be a long year for him if he does. Better to come back a week late and be healthy. A swollen knee will cause the cartilage to degenerate at a faster rate than normal.

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:2740"]And your starting two guard...Trey Lewis![/quote]

Especially when you only have 3 guards :frowning:

Especially when you only have 3 guards :frowning:

+1

I expect to see Tim at PG, Trey at 2, Ross and Matt at 3 and Jon, Sasa and Billy rotating thru the 4 & 5. Pat and Pete will get minimal PT with 1 of them redshirting. I doubt that we’ll see any 4 guard sets until at least one of Cam and Jermaine return.

I haven’t seen Matt or Travis play, but barring injury I think they’ll get more PT than Cam. I just don’t expect a guy who hasn’t pushed for a starting spot at guard for 3 years will earn it as a senior. Maybe I’ll be wrong, but if I am then we better hope that it’s because Cam really stepped it up.

I expect to see Tim at PG, Trey at 2, Ross and Matt at 3 and Jon, Sasa and Billy rotating thru the 4 & 5. Pat and Pete will get minimal PT with 1 of them redshirting. I doubt that we’ll see any 4 guard sets until at least one of Cam and Jermaine return.

I haven’t seen Matt or Travis play, but barring injury I think they’ll get more PT than Cam. I just don’t expect a guy who hasn’t pushed for a starting spot at guard for 3 years will earn it as a senior. Maybe I’ll be wrong, but if I am then we better hope that it’s because Cam really stepped it up.

Don’t be surprised if you see both Travis and Matt starting, along with Tim and Trey, at least until Jermaine and/or Cam can play. I’d expect the 5th starter to then be Billy O. or Jon Graham.

Frazier, Lewis, Travis, Glover, Graham.

That’s my 5 right now.

I will go with Frazier, Glover, Lewis, Travis and Graham. BUT, boy are we thin.I don’t see anybody red-shirting…wether they need it or not.
Walk-ons could get some PT also.

Adam Highberger and Steve Kirkpatrick for the win.

It is a spot where a walk on could get PT. Maybe the freshmen from Penns Valley gets minutes.

I’m guessing timmy, trey, glover, billy and either sasa or graham at the 5 spot.

I don’t think travis can start b/c we then have 0 scholarship bodies off the bench for the backcourt.

I’m guessing the bench consists of travis, either sasa or graham, and the freshman walk-on guard.

I think the freshman twin towers only see PT in mop-up duty or if our three frontcourt players get into foul trouble.

Hopefully Cam and Jermaine are able to get back on the court very soon or it could be a long, long season.