Jermaine Marshall rumors?

FOS has a thread on TAP that rumor is Marshall is headed to Temple… Anyone here this?

I just don’t get what Temple would see in Marshall. He hasn’t done anything on the court and is coming off a major knee injury. They would have offered him in HS had they liked him that much because the same amount of info is out there as there was then.

I didn’t look into it but maybe Temple didn’t have a scholarship for him when he came out of HS. Now they do?

Either way, I’m not into speculating. I’ve been looking forward to seeing Marshall play since he signed with us.

I’m like LP. I don’t want to speculate since I know no insiders, but I really hope he doesn’t leave. From most of my friends in the Harrisburg/York area the kid can play.

I just hope he plays in blue and white up at the BJC.

If he bolts for Temple, that would mean that he will have not played an organized basketball game in 3 years. Seems strange, but I guess now would be the time to leave if he wants out - He’ll have 3 years of ball ahead of him at Temple if all goes as planned. That just seems like such a dramatic layoff to me, though.

Maybe the Temple coach just “friended” him or something… :wink:

;D

He’s already expended his redshirt year. If we transfers to Temple he’ll have to sit out another year and then have only three years of eligibility. Not smart, and therefore I’m very skeptical there’s any truth to the rumor.

[quote=“kidcoyote”]Maybe he just sees logjam with Cam, Buie, Bowman, Battle and Frazier at 1/2/3, and if you include Brooks and Oliver at 3, kind of hard to see where/when he plays. It will be awful if he goes, starts at Temple, and they end up with higher RPI.

Not sure what’s worse, a kid like this who can help the team, and he’s leaving, or a kid who can’t get playing time on a team which finished 3-16 in conference, which brings up recruiting questions. Would Temple take him if he can’t be an impact player here?[/quote] Maybe he doesn’t like the fact that Ed isn’t going to be around for his 4 years and wants to make a move now. Unlike some on here most of the kids on the team/recruits realize there is NO chance that Ed and company will be around much longer.

[quote="kidcoyote"]Maybe he just sees logjam with Cam, Buie, Bowman, Battle and Frazier at 1/2/3, and if you include Brooks and Oliver at 3, kind of hard to see where/when he plays. It will be awful if he goes, starts at Temple, and they end up with higher RPI.

Not sure what’s worse, a kid like this who can help the team, and he’s leaving, or a kid who can’t get playing time on a team which finished 3-16 in conference, which brings up recruiting questions. Would Temple take him if he can’t be an impact player here?[/quote] Maybe he doesn’t like the fact that Ed isn’t going to be around for his 4 years and wants to make a move now. Unlike some on here most of the kids on the team/recruits realize there is a high likely hood that Ed and company won’t be around much longer.

Sometimes, kids are able to transfer without having to sit out a year if the coach is fired. If Ed is canned, he can transfer to Temple with his 3 years remaining.

If he transfers, then that’s 3(THREE) consecutive years he has missed playing competitive basketball. He has not played a competitive game since his junior year of high school. :o

There is no truth to this rumor whatsoever, and shame on whoever made it up.

Hopefully you are in the know more than us and what you are saying is true. Thanks!

Likely hood? Is that like likelihood? Or boys in the hood? Or get off the hood of my car?

;D

[quote=“pennst92, post:13, topic:1223”]Likely hood? Is that like likelihood? Or boys in the hood? Or get off the hood of my car?

;D[/quote] ;D Okay I changed it for you. Maybe this will make more sense. Look up

Kind of reminded me of this one “…which will also mean that he’ll be give 2 more years”

Tommy like wingy :wink:

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STOPPED MARSHALL REALLY LIKES IT AT PSU. HE WORKING HARD AND EXPECTS TO SEE SOME QUALITY MINUTES…

WHEN YOU HEAR RUMORS THEY ARE JUST THAT…

BUT AFTER THE LAST SEASON PSU HAD COMPARED TO TEMPLE … MAKES YOU WANT TO WONDER IF THE RIGHT DECSION WAS MADE…

[quote=“4jerome, post:15, topic:1223”]THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STOPPED MARSHALL REALLY LIKES IT AT PSU. HE WORKING HARD AND EXPECTS TO SEE SOME QUALITY MINUTES…

WHEN YOU HEAR RUMORS THEY ARE JUST THAT…

BUT AFTER THE LAST SEASON PSU HAD COMPARED TO TEMPLE … MAKES YOU WANT TO WONDER IF THE RIGHT DECSION WAS MADE…[/quote]

Good to hear … can’t wait to see him play!