DeShawn Sims (Mich)
Damian Johnson (Minn)
Lawrence Westbrook (Minn)
Jeremy Nash (NWstern)
Trevon Hughes (Wisc)
Jason Bohannon (Wisc)
Chris Kramer (Pur)
Keaton Grant (Pur)

Who is the first to come up with the question?

Seniors?

…be more specific…

Who are the only senior starters in the big 10? :slight_smile:

Correct.

It amazed me (perhaps not many others) when I saw how few Seniors there were in the BIG TEN this season.

Here are a few stats:

• 5 of the 11 teams do not have a Senior as a regular starter.
  • 3 of the 11 teams have not had a Senior start a single game the entire season.

Of all the number of possible starts (total # of games X 5 starts per game):

• Only 16% of starts have been by seniors (197 of 1230)

Of the statistical leaders in the BIG TEN

• Only 6 of the TOP 30 scorers are Seniors
  • Only 2 of the TOP 20 rebounders are Seniors
  • Only 1 of the TOP 15 Assists leaders are Seniors

What does all this mean?

…next year may be an extremely tough year in the BIG TEN !!!

Scary considering how very decent the conference is this year already.

I think several of the top juniors (Harris, Lucas, Turner) will be leaving after this season. It is amazing how strong that junior class was/is.

Last season people were talking about how good the Big 10 was going to be this season, but we are still probably just a 4/5 bid conference.

The BigTen11 was indeed over rated. It’s needs more lottery pick type athletes! Lucas is not. Harris plays when he wants to. Turner is a very good player. He is a lottery pick. But he is not a “shock and awe” type athlete.
In summary the BigTen11 has a lot of “good” not great college players/athletes.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:6, topic:795"]Scary considering how very decent the conference is this year already.[/quote]

I think several of the top juniors (Harris, Lucas, Turner) will be leaving after this season. It is amazing how strong that junior class was/is.

Last season people were talking about how good the Big 10 was going to be this season, but we are still probably just a 4/5 bid conference.

I think the point is that anyone who still has any delusions of it being easier to make the NCAAs next year better get real. I have and I doubt anyone remembers I made a promise that I wouldn’t post anymore if we don’t make it next year.

It’s going to be an uphill battle next year for sure.

I think a tougher league makes it almost easier for us to make the NCAAs. I’d rather we be in a spot where we have to go 9-9 or 8-10 in the #1 RPI conference, than have to go 12-6 against the number 4-5 RPI conference. Winning games on the road in the Big Ten will be tough regardless of how good these other teams are, so the tougher the better in my eyes.

After 0-10 and counting any of those scenarios sounds nice to me.

Completely agree. That’s why the idea of keeping ED around next year to “see if he can make a run at the NCAA tourney” is ridiculous in my view. Its not going to happen. Next year the conference will be much tougher. And PSU is NOT going to make the NCAA tourney.

Lucas and Harris are going to probably stay. Turner is gone.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:6, topic:795"]Scary considering how very decent the conference is this year already.[/quote]

We better be worried as well. According to Kid ,Talor could leave early for the NBA as well. :wink:

Turner gone…but tO$U has a great Freshman class coming in!

We better be worried as well. According to Kid ,Talor could leave early for the NBA as well. :wink:

He won’t now, IMO, but he’s better than Lucas. I think many here agree on that, but let’s not go there. Let’s wait til he scorches him again. :wink:

But this whole thread is really demanding something which Ed doesn’t appear to be really addressing…improving frontcourt play and start getting some contributions. While it’s easier said than done, he better do something, e.g., change some players, change the offense, etc. To go into next year saying, “well, Brooks has such athelticism, if he’d only…” is just denial. It’s almost incomprehensible to me that this year’s crop hasn’t really improved the frontcourt. Edwards has, but he’s sort of a tweener. If you knew Cornley was leaving, maybe focus on the 4 spot. I guess Sasa was it, but looks like bad judgment on his talent. I also think Ed thought DJ, Brooks, AJ, etc., would step up. He should’ve known better. I didn’t expect it. I’m big on 1st impressions. You know, the Vladmir Horowitz scale.