Jeff Rice - Decommittment another blow to the hoops team

I know this runs on the ticker but I thought it was a pretty good article. I think he checks the board pretty often. :wink:

Link

Some of these fans actually like DeChellis, rooted for him when he was hired and were simply worn down by disappointment after disappointment. Theirs is a weary, all-but-resigned frustration.

Others, armed with cries of “I told you so” or potshots dripping with sarcasm (“Ed made the NIT? Extend his contract again!”) seem to relish the coach’s failures. Rarely do they need any more than the sobering facts to make their point, but you get the strange sense that they enjoy DeChellis’ struggles, that they feed off of bad news.

They haven’t gone hungry this offseason.

While this is a pretty well written article is it only rehashes data that EVERY knowledgeable board regular knows in his sleep.

True, but he isn’t writing it for “board regulars” … it is for his newspaper audience, most of which are MUCH less knowledgeable on PSU hoops.

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:1194"]While this is a pretty well written article is it only rehashes data that EVERY knowledge board regular knows in his sleep.[/quote]

True, but he isn’t writing it for “board regulars” … it is for his newspaper audience, most of which are MUCH less knowledgeable on PSU hoops.

OK blue, good point. I guess one should never OVER estimate what the average Centre Daily Times reader knows/cares about PSU basketball.