Jaylen Boyd to ~itt

ouch! This kid would start 4 years at PSU.

And win how many games and go to how many NCAA tournaments? :wink:

???

Who’s Jaylen Boyd?

The closest that I can find is a Jalen Boyd who is an unrated undersized forward that only made honorable mention all state in Kansas.

Never mind.

A little more research shows that you mean Jaylen Bond from Plymouth Whitemarsh not the kid from Kansas.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=74206&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player%3frecruitId%3d74206

[quote=“UncleLar, post:4, topic:1130”]Never mind.

A little more research shows that you mean Jaylen Bond from Plymouth Whitemarsh not the kid from Kansas.[/quote]

Sorry,his name is Bond. “Jaylen Bond.” I had just returned home from the Spring Game. Tired and my back was very sore!

per Trib

Bond, who turned down offers to West Virginia and Temple, joins 6-1 combo guard John Johnson of Philly-area Girard College in Pitt’s recruiting class of 2011.
“They want me to play small forward), and that’s my natural position,” Bond said. “It was also important that coach Dixon said I was the No. 1 player for my position that they wanted. That was big for me.”

Funny to me he does NOT project to a 3. He has a very big frame and I think he will be a 4. But, as Kid would say, EVERYBODY wants to play the wing. I don’t think he sees the floor at the 3 position for ~itt. Isn’t recruiting great.

[quote=“tundra, post:7, topic:1130”]per Trib

Bond, who turned down offers to West Virginia and Temple, joins 6-1 combo guard John Johnson of Philly-area Girard College in Pitt’s recruiting class of 2011.
“They want me to play small forward), and that’s my natural position,” Bond said. “It was also important that coach Dixon said I was the No. 1 player for my position that they wanted. That was big for me.”

Funny to me he does NOT project to a 3. He has a very big frame and I think he will be a 4. But, as Kid would say, EVERYBODY wants to play the wing. I don’t think he sees the floor at the 3 position for ~itt. Isn’t recruiting great.[/quote]

It’s true. Less traffic. Less elbows. Less bruises. I think it’s really primarily lack of confidence in getting your shot off that keeps guys from playing inside. So many great players who were not 4’s had terrific back to the basket parts to their games, e.g., Bernard King, Bird, Oscar, Kobe, Carmelo. I don’t like to see comments like those this kid made. Might be nothing, but espn does seem to think he has some issues as noted in that link.

There are issues with guys not wanting to play the 4 on PSU…that’s why I like Sasa. He plays like a 4, seems natural to him.

Perhaps you should practice what you preach. If you are going to start a thread like this why not provide a link to support your reason for starting this thread? The link would also provide you with the accurate info on the kid.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10114/1053174-100.stm

[quote="tundra, post:153, topic:1004"]PLEASE people.......................post responsibly![/quote]

Perhaps you should practice what you preach. If you are going to start a thread like this why not provide a link to support your reason for starting this thread? The link would also provide you with the accurate info on the kid.

WOW, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed…
What did I post that was not responsible? Ouch…?? Ouch because this is a high profile kid in our recruiting area. We lost both PW kids who are both high D1 players without PSU getting a mention? Both would be perfect at PSU. ouch, indeed. Oh, I got it… I am never supposed to mention that Ed failed to recruit a high profile local high D1 kid? Sorry, I forgot the stanard Apologist BS line. When JD missed out on high profile kids (Carroll, McNamara, Troutman et al) it was news worthy.
Presently the ~itt board is in a “love fest” about what a natural 3 he is. This is bunk. He is not a wing. His coach is correct that he is big strong kid. His wanting to play the 3 is just HS bigheadedness. When he gets to ~itt Dixon will make him a “player.” A 4.

[quote="tundra, post:153, topic:1004"]PLEASE people.......................post responsibly![/quote]

WOW, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed…
What did I post that was not responsible? Ouch…?? Ouch because this is a high profile kid in our recruiting area. We lost both PW kids who are both high D1 players without PSU getting a mention? Both would be perfect at PSU. ouch, indeed. Oh, I got it… I am never supposed to mention that Ed failed to recruit a high profile local high D1 kid? Sorry, I forgot the stanard Apologist BS line. When JD missed out on high profile kids (Carroll, McNamara, Troutman et al) it was news worthy.
Presently the ~itt board is in a “love fest” about what a natural 3 he is. This is bunk. He is not a wing. His coach is correct that he is big strong kid. His wanting to play the 3 is just HS bigheadedness. When he gets to ~itt Dixon will make him a “player.” A 4.

If the shoe fits, wear it!

Et tu!

[quote="tundra, post:7, topic:1130"]per Trib

Funny to me he does NOT project to a 3. He has a very big frame and I think he will be a 4. But, as Kid would say, EVERYBODY wants to play the wing. I don’t think he sees the floor at the 3 position for ~itt. Isn’t recruiting great.[/quote]

It’s true. Less traffic. Less elbows. Less bruises. I think it’s really primarily lack of confidence in getting your shot off that keeps guys from playing inside. So many great players who were not 4’s had terrific back to the basket parts to their games, e.g., Bernard King, Bird, Oscar, Kobe, Carmelo. I don’t like to see comments like those this kid made. Might be nothing, but espn does seem to think he has some issues as noted in that link.

There are issues with guys not wanting to play the 4 on PSU…that’s why I like Sasa. He plays like a 4, seems natural to him.

Remember Chet Walker? Great at the “post up.” Walt Frazier also.

I remember Frazier doing so. Chet Walker? Don’t really remember his game. I remember him playing with Bob Love, that’s about it. Maybe Jerry Sloan and Norm Van Lier were on that team too(though Van Lier may have been later). Sloan was great defensive player.

I remember Frazier doing so. Chet Walker? Don’t really remember his game. I remember him playing with Bob Love, that’s about it. Maybe Jerry Sloan and Norm Van Lier were on that team too(though Van Lier may have been later). Sloan was great defensive player.

Correct. Walker (Bradley’s All Time Leading Scorer), Love, Sloan, Van Lier, Boerwinkle/Thurmond made a very nice team. Bulls lost a heart breaker (Game 7) in the western finals to GSWs with Rick Berry in 1975, I think. GSW went on the win the Championship over the Bullets.
Bob Love was a good post up player also.
Sloan and Van Lier may have been the 2 best defensive NBA guards ever!

Correct. Walker (Bradley’s All Time Leading Scorer), Love, Sloan, Van Lier, Boerwinkle/Thurmond made a very nice team. Bulls lost a heart breaker (Game 7) in the western finals to GSWs with Rick Berry in 1975, I think. GSW went on the win the Championship over the Bullets.
Bob Love was a good post up player also.
Sloan and Van Lier may have been the 2 best defensive NBA guards ever!

I saw Rick Barry play once in person, for the Nets(old ABA) at Nassau Coliseum(which is now a piece of junk, but still hosting the Islanders). He had 48 points, red, white and blue ball. I thought he played so so. He shot every time down the floor. I think they lost to the Kentucky Colonels, who had Dan Issel and Lou Dampier, if I remember correctly. Dr. J wasn’t on the team then, it was before he went there. Must’ve been on the Virginia Squires still. I’m dating myself. I remember reading a stat on Dr. J when he played for the Squires, which I thought was a misprint: 52 points, 39 rebounds. Man among boys.

I used to attend many ABA games in Pittsburgh? The youngsters DON’T KNOW about “wild basketball.” Many games were in the 160s, 150s and 140s! Remember Skeeter Swift?
My 2 favorite ABA players were Steve Jones (now an announcer) and Larry Brown (now the coach.)