PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Jarelle Reischel to.... Rice?

Just so no one is confused… Jarelle Reischel decided on Rice the night prior to his decision. He switched to Penn State the next morning, and switched back to Rice very shortly before the decision.

I’m not sure how often this happens, but it certainly is very rare. Sorry for the false hope guys. :-\

Looks like the Seton Hall sources were completely wrong when they said that Reischel was headed to Happy Valley. He just committed to Rice…

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/17/jarelle-reischel-to-rice/

Word is that he just did not like Seton Hall’s campus in comparison to Penn State’s. Everyone can thank the amazing atmosphere in the Beav against Michigan. ;D

Wow, good info noobd. Welcome Jarelle!

Here’s from espn’s page on him:

Strengths: Reischel has a good basketball body and is a good athlete with has good bounce off the floor that he uses on the break to finish above the rim. He is a good ball handler and can get to the rim off the dribble where he finishes on a consistent basis. Reischel can also knock down the open three point jumper and seems to like to spot up in the corners. Reischel is a good rebounder and can lead the break as well.

Weaknesses:
He must take better care of the ball because when pressured he can throw a bad passes that turn into lay ups for the opposing teams. While he does a number of things well, he doesn’t have any other predominant weapons to really stand out. His biggest challenge is on the defensive end where he lacks the quickness to contain athletic swingmen and the upper body strength to defend the block.

Bottom Line:
Reischel is a typical European style swingman who has a well rounded skill set and high basketball I.Q. He is super savvy and a very good passer. Reischel is talented and aggressive with good upside.

Notes
Travel Team: N.J. Shoreshots…Moved the U.S. from Germany prior to his sophomore year; played for Germany’s U16 National Team…

As ESPN states, he is athletic. This clip backs that up: Jarelle Reischel Posters Defender at Nike EYBL 1 Boo Williams

Jay Gomes:

As a junior Reischel averaged 22.7 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 4.4 spg, 4.1 apg with 31 treys. He was named NJ Hoops 8th Team All State.

Reischel is a good athlete with a good skill level. He can score oustide or inside as well as put the ball on the floor. He also gets to the free throw stripe quite frequently.

Welcome aboard. Nice well rounded class.

Cool, welcome to PSU Jarelle! He tops off a surprisingly solid recruiting class. Kudos to ED and co. I didn’t think they’d be able to attract a class like that after the poor performance on the hardwood last year.

After last week’s article I thought Reischel would sign with Seton Hall, I’m happy that he chose to sign with us.

Welcome to the PSU family!!

Is he a SG or a SF…what’s a swingman?

Ed at least has plenty of options at the 2 and 3 spots next year: Reischel, Travis, Woodyard, Marshall, Buie, Bowman

Our backcourt will be young and talented next year.

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:9, topic:1513”]Is he a SG or a SF…what’s a swingman?

Ed at least has plenty of options at the 2 and 3 spots next year: Reischel, Travis, Woodyard, Marshall, Buie, Bowman

Our backcourt will be young and talented next year.[/quote]

I think swingman = SF = “3” position

Swingman means he can play either the 2 or 3.

How good do we think he is?

His rankings from recruiting services aren’t very good, but he got offers from some very good schools.

Scout has him as a three star:

http://pennstate.scout.com/a.z?s=157&p=8&c=1&nid=4975648

That is a heck of an offer list for a PSU recruit if it is real. Georgetown, Maryland and WVU are all Top 25 level schools.

That’s what I’m wondering too. He had offers from all these very solid teams, but was only seriously considering Rice, PSU, and Seton Hall? Something doesn’t add up.

Awesome. Great news to come home to after work.

You got to take good players when you can get them and I’m not so sure we’d have a shot to land the top PA talent in the 2012 class to hold a scholly.

I thought it was the Teutonic vibe of Herwig’s.

WOAH What the hell.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/17/jarelle-reischel-to-rice/

[quote=“zac1397, post:12, topic:1513”]How good do we think he is?

His rankings from recruiting services aren’t very good, but he got offers from some very good schools.[/quote]

It’s not always about the rankings, all we can do is wait and see what he does once he plays next year. From what we’ve all heard and read he should be a good one.

[quote=“noobd, post:18, topic:1513”]WOAH What the hell.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/17/jarelle-reischel-to-rice/[/quote]
Wow - and if that’s not true, where’d he get the quotes. I’d say Reichel to SH is likely the case.