PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

It's over

I’m well aware that I have been around for one of the better four-year runs in PSU basketball history. I still remember the Seton Hall game in 2007 when it turned ‘on’ for Talor Battle. I remember seeing Claxton go down right in front of me against Wisconsin. I also remember storming the floor against Michigan State, thinking we’d never beat them again.

I also remember the heroics at home against Illinois in 2009, rushing the court yet again, thinking this was our best change ever to make the tournament. I remember putting my coat on against George Mason, just waiting for the last play of Cornley’s and Morrissey’s career.

I remember reading about how close Talor Battle was transferring after some of the crap last season, and I’ll remember the Minnesota game where Westbrook beat us at the buzzer.

But I’ll really remember this year; particularly the long-term improvement over the season. You could tell the seniors realized this would be their last run, and they rallied around each other that way.

I’ll be graduating in a few weeks, and leaving along with this class. I sure got my money’s worth in drama and entertainment, didn’t I?

Fortunately, I was drugged into a stupor and couldn’t open my eyes to read anything when there were rumors of a TB transfer. I would not have made it! :slight_smile: first I heard of it, too.

[quote=“PSUClassof2011, post:1, topic:2202”]I’m well aware that I have been around for one of the better four-year runs in PSU basketball history. I still remember the Seton Hall game in 2007 when it turned ‘on’ for Talor Battle. I remember seeing Claxton go down right in front of me against Wisconsin. I also remember storming the floor against Michigan State, thinking we’d never beat them again.

I also remember the heroics at home against Illinois in 2009, rushing the court yet again, thinking this was our best change ever to make the tournament. I remember putting my coat on against George Mason, just waiting for the last play of Cornley’s and Morrissey’s career.

I remember reading about how close Talor Battle was transferring after some of the crap last season, and I’ll remember the Minnesota game where Westbrook beat us at the buzzer.

But I’ll really remember this year; particularly the long-term improvement over the season. You could tell the seniors realized this would be their last run, and they rallied around each other that way.

I’ll be graduating in a few weeks, and leaving along with this class. I sure got my money’s worth in drama and entertainment, didn’t I?[/quote]

chills…great post

PENN STATE PROUD, but bummed. Wish the season could have lasted a bit longer.

Been a fan and shot clock guy for 37 years…Talor is the best ever…hardest loss to take since IU at rec hall!!!

Love this team!!!

The team arrived home early this morning after a red-eye charter back.

I’m sure there will be several days of nothing but sleep for the guys.

[quote=“Tom, post:6, topic:2202”]The team arrived home early this morning after a red-eye charter back.

I’m sure there will be several days of nothing but sleep for the guys.[/quote]

…And school work…remember they are full time students!!

[quote=“Tom, post:6, topic:2202”]The team arrived home early this morning after a red-eye charter back.

I’m sure there will be several days of nothing but sleep for the guys.[/quote]

That seems kinda cold to me. Couldn’t the Athletic Department put them in up for one more night in Tuscon? Also, no announcement so fans couldn’t welcome them home?

The team arrived home early this morning after a red-eye charter back.

I’m sure there will be several days of nothing but sleep for the guys.

That seems kinda cold to me. Couldn’t the Athletic Department put them in up for one more night in Tuscon? Also, no announcement so fans couldn’t welcome them home?

Well, there are classes today, and I’m sure the guys wanted to get back just to relax. I wouldn’t think there’d be any interest in staying by the guys at that point.

Sure hope PSU puts out a season highlights DVD about this season. Would love to add it to my collection. :slight_smile:

That is a no brainer Cappy. PSU is always good at capitalizing on team succe$$

This season was fun!

Would be nice for the Athletic Dept to schedule a fan appreciation night at the BJC/meet and great the team for a nice season. Kind of a send off/gratitude dinner for the seniors.

Make it a surprise party…for the surprise ending that this team gave to all its fans after being counted out time and again.