PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

It's NCAA weekend- WHERE'S ED?

Games have started, all the tournament shows.

I havnt’ seen Ed on any of them. Has anyone else seen him on any ot these shows since the first round ended?

I see…more Riick Pitino than I care to see (1st ound exit to Morehead State)
I saw Tom Crean on the halftimes shows (ya know the guy who coached a LAST PLACE TEAM IN THE BIG TEN)
Phill Martelli on the haftime shows (yeah, him, went 11-22 this season)

So where’s Ed???

Was he on Comcast SportsNet today? They had a tournamant show this afternoon, then Daily News Live. CSN’s website has clips of Dunphy and Wright.

Get the picture?

It’s time for Ed to stop being obscuire and anonymous this tournament season. Wright will be on the NCAA shows with Barkley. Sir “DOPE” needs to have Ed give him a talikng to. Heve Ed and Jay gang up on him a litttle bit.

Ed needs to be on the tube the next couple of weeks. You guys agree?

Good lord.

[quote=“TJM78, post:1, topic:2247”]Games have started, all the tournament shows.

I havnt’ seen Ed on any of them. Has anyone else seen him on any ot these shows since the first round ended?

I saw Tom Crean on the halftimes shows (ya know the guy who coached a LAST PLACE TEAM IN THE BIG TEN)

So where’s Ed???

Was he on Comcast SportsNet today? They had a tournamant show this afternoon, then Daily News Live. CSN’s website has clips of Dunphy and Wright.

Get the picture?

It’s time for Ed to stop being obscuire and anonymous this tournament season. Wright will be on the NCAA shows with Barkley. Sir “DOPE” needs to have Ed give him a talikng to. Heve Ed and Jay gang up on him a litttle bit.

Ed needs to be on the tube the next couple of weeks. You guys agree?[/quote]

I read in his interview that he and some others are headed down to Houston for the Final Four

I agree that Ed needs to up his public exposure but cut him some slack. Hopefully after taking a few days off he’s out there recruiting us some bigs or building strong relationships with stud underclassmen. We need to even out the peaks and valleys (less valleys) before Ed is the expert commentator on national tv.

I think I also read that his daughter is having a baby this week (maybe Friday), so you might consider cutting the guy some slack. He’s also working on getting agents for some of the seniors.

Does anyone honestly believe he would not jump at the slightest opportunity to do any of these things? This ain’t the way it works!

This is along the lines of saying that we should sign mcdonalds all Americans, defend the three and throw the ball inside more on offense.

I guarantee you that ED has turned down no appearances on CBS, ESPN or freaking WIP because hen would rather put his feet up for a few days and catch up on some back issues of the CDT.

Games have started, all the tournament shows.

So where’s Ed???

Get the picture?

Ed needs to be on the tube the next couple of weeks. You guys agree?

I read in his interview that he and some others are headed down to Houston for the Final Four

ALL coaches go to the Final Four. That’s where they have their annual convention.

[quote="TJM78, post:1, topic:2247"]Games have started, all the tournament shows.

So where’s Ed???

Get the picture?

ALL coaches go to the Final Four. That’s where they have their annual convention.

Does he take all of his assistants?

[quote="TJM78, post:1, topic:2247"]Games have started, all the tournament shows.

So where’s Ed???

Get the picture?

Does he take all of his assistants?

It’s the coaching convention. All head and assistant coaches from every school go.

[quote=“TJM78, post:1, topic:2247”]Games have started, all the tournament shows.

So where’s Ed???
Get the picture?
Ed needs to be on the tube the next couple of weeks. You guys agree?[/quote] HUH!? You freakin really think that Ed is choosing obscurity and anonymity over exposure?? Him getting exposure on TV is something that, short of becoming more charasmatic or controversial he has no control over. When I read comments like this, I just scratch my head and wonder where did you come up with that thourght?

Just reason #7,363 to kill the internet ;D

+1

This has got to be one of the funniest threads ever on this board! I’m LMAO! Thanks for the chuckle. I’ll give Ed crap, but this takes it to a whole new level!!!

:o :smiley: ;D

The ‘Good Lord’ post was the cherry on top!

Hmmm…is the answer to my question “you guys agree”…uh…no?

So I’ll respond to a couple of you.

First, I guess the “cut hime some slack” comment meant you thought I was mad at Ed. No, not mad at Ed. Just mad.

byske…Ed cant contact any prospects right now. It’s a dead period until after the Final Four.

I realize that Ed had a busy and grueling year, but we now have a little ju-ju from our appearance in the dance, now is the time for Ed to get some desparately needed pub, especially in Philly. Face time on the TV will go quite a ways to help build relationships with these Phily kids, many of whom probably still couldn’t tell you who the basketball coach of Penn State is.

tjb…Is getting on outlets like Comcast Sportnet, WIP, ESPN, etc, the same degree of diffculty of landing a McDonald’s All American? Wouldn’t Brian Seirgrst be calling these outllets and trying to get him on these shows? If I were working in that office I like to think I’d be on the phone with every media outlet in Philly that covers the NCAA trounament to get Ed on. Hopefully Brian is doning that. It’s not out of bounds to reach out tol these folks, if they’re not calling you, is it?

We have a color commentator who appears on Comcast Sportsnet regularly, and a PSU beat writer (and fellow poster), who also makes appreacnces on Comcast Sportsnet.
Folks, correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Ed was on Comcast Sportsnet only once, in his first season when he had the Tip Off Tour. And that appearance got quite a reaction from Phil Martelli. I don’t think Ed has ever appeared on Comcast Sportsnet since. He also dropped the Tip Off Tour after a couple of years and I’d love to see him bring that back.

Couldn’t Jerardi or Jonsey help the process of getting Ed on Comcast Sportsnet somewhat?

Heck, ED could actually just call in to a live WIP show. Dick Vigtale did that once. ED could aske to talk HCAA hoops with Ike Resses. Ike played his football at Mischgan State and is a HUGE college hoops (yes, Big Ten hoops) fan. If Ress blows Ed off, I’ll call in and get on his case. And maybe Jonsey can write about it.

Jonsey, weigh in on this, would,ya? Maybe I don’t really know what I’m talking about here.

CBS having freaking Tom Crean. That sitll knaws at me. maybe I’d be a little less mad at that one if CBS had Ed ont their NCAA shows after one if his 315 or 2-14 Beg Ten seasons.

Maybe I don't really know what I'm talking about here.

Sounds more like you definitely don’t.

Sounds more like you definitely don’t.[/quote]

I’ll defer to Jonesy on that one.

Maybe I don't really know what I'm talking about here.

Sounds more like you definitely don’t.

You’re just incoherently babbling right now. You’re upset because Ed isn’t on TV right now? Who freaking cares? Nobody is watching CSN right now, they’re watching TBS and CBS - and those are national shows that you need to be invited on. To be invited on, you need to be nationally known as a coach, and 99% of coaches are not worthy of that kind of label including Ed.

Besides that fact, no recruit is sitting there saying “herp that’s Rick Pitino on my television, i think i’ll go play for him derp”. So what the hell is your point? Is this just some kind of Ed bashing tourette syndrome you have? Couldn’t go an entire two weeks without finding something to cry about so you’re just swinging for the fences on some poorly thought-out rant about television?

Go get an ice cream cone and relax for another week or two.

Here is what Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Frank Fitzpatrick said shortly after Ed was hired “Penn State did a nationwide search for their basktball coach to find the most obscure coach in America” Fitzpatrick is still with the Inquirer.

Do you think that the pub that Martelli or Dunphy get just happens by accident?

[quote="Craftsy21, post:15, topic:2247"][quote]Maybe I don't really know what I'm talking about here.[/quote]

Sounds more like you definitely don’t.[/quote]

You’re just incoherently babbling right now. You’re upset because Ed isn’t on TV right now? Who freaking cares? Nobody is watching CSN right now, they’re watching TBS and CBS - and those are national shows that you need to be invited on. To be invited on, you need to be nationally known as a coach, and 99% of coaches are not worthy of that kind of label including Ed.

Besides that fact, no recruit is sitting there saying “herp that’s Rick Pitino on my television, i think i’ll go play for him derp”. So what the hell is your point? Is this just some kind of Ed bashing tourette syndrome you have? Couldn’t go an entire two weeks without finding something to cry about so you’re just swinging for the fences on some poorly thought-out rant about television?

Go get an ice cream cone and relax for another week or two.

Lke I said, I’ll defer to Jonsey. Craftsy, I gather you’r not from Philly, are you?

I’m from State College, home of the Penn State Nittany Lions. Heard of them?