PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

iPhone and iPad apps for the tourney

There’s an app for iPhone and iPad that streams every game of the tourney, and alerts you to upsets and close games.

Droid fans not amused

Tim ~ You cant just tease us like that! What am I searching for in the App store??? C’mon man! :wink:

That Google thing… :slight_smile:

http://www.huliq.com/10164/march-madness-android-iphone-apps-connect-fans-2011-ncaa-tournament

BTW… slightly related information…

Verizon iPhone is already recinding thier “unlimited web access” option from their data plans.

March Madness on Deman for on the NCAA websie has all the games. That will be me. And I’ll be missing the first half because I have a meeting.

There's an app for iPhone and iPad that streams every game of the tourney, and alerts you to upsets and close games.

Tim ~ You cant just tease us like that! What am I searching for in the App store??? C’mon man! :wink:

Sorry, that was a rollover post in between deep sleep periods. Like Michael Wilbon, I sleep with the iPad under my pillow.

Search “NCAA” and it will pop up. It’s called March Madness on Demand, but it contains a copyright symbol so “NCAA March Madness” alone makes it harder to find.

This looks interesting too, if you are a Time Warner subscriber.

Time Warner streaming to iPad

I downloaded the app (MMOD) and selected my cable provider but the process stalled there and I don’t know how to move forward. Anyone having this problem?

What do you mean stalled? There’s nothing to stream until later tonight, so you can’t really view anything. Can you migrate around the screen checking out the lineups for each day.

I wonder if you selected your cable provider on the white screen with the list of providers and all you saw is a check mark next to the company’s name, but nothing else happened. Hit the button in the top left corner and you will get some action. I was stuck their briefly until I realized what I needed to do next.

I downloaded the app (MMOD) and selected my cable provider but the process stalled there and I don't know how to move forward. Anyone having this problem?

I wonder if you selected your cable provider on the white screen with the list of providers and all you saw is a check mark next to the company’s name, but nothing else happened. Hit the button in the top left corner and you will get some action. I was stuck their briefly until I realized what I needed to do next.

Yepper! That solved my problem. Thanks for the instructions.

The quality of the picture is remarkable. It was only a couple of years ago when you could barely make out the ball and the action was herky-jerky when watching on the Internet; now you have hd streams.

Without the “waiting room” in past years, where you had to sit and twiddle your thumbs until enough other people stopped watching and you could get the terrible stream at all.