PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Iowa Michigan

Typical BigTen, final possesion game. Hawks up by 2, Mich. has the ball 19 sec. on the shot clock, 30 sec. on the game clock.

foul on Iowa, UM hits first free throw… down 1, one shot to come… timeout iowa

Morgan hits both and game will go O.T.

OY?

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1968”]OY?[/quote]'
Yeah, man as is Oh why did it have to go O.T.? :wink:
Hawks gave us a big loss on their court in 2009, sure hope they can help us out with a win here agains Michigan.

Oh you changed it lol, I thought this was a new term I was unfamiliar with. I was hoping to learn something!

Makes me angry watching UM play, seeing how awful they are and knowing we should have beaten them twice… how nice would it feel to be sitting at 9-5 right now had we taken care of these chumps like we should have?

Give us the Purdue win and we’re already putting on our dancing shoes. Oh the regrets we’ll have…

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:7, topic:1968”]Makes me angry watching UM play, seeing how awful they are and knowing we should have beaten them twice… how nice would it feel to be sitting at 9-5 right now had we taken care of these chumps like we should have?

Give us the Purdue win and we’re already putting on our dancing shoes. Oh the regrets we’ll have…[/quote]
Unfortunately, no one has stepped up for Iowa here in O.T. o either ends of the court.

Michigan wins some games it has no business winning. Hardaway made the difference here.

Another game where they were downby 10 (or more). There sitting pretty now. That was a game we really needed for them to loose.

[quote="tjb, post:9, topic:1968"]Michigan wins some games it has no business winning. Hardaway made the difference here.[/quote] Another game where they were downby 10 (or more). There sitting pretty now. That was a game we really needed for them to loose.

Isn’t it better for us if they win? Not sure it really matters in terms of RPI, but it’s not going to look good to get swept by a team that’s not any good, at least if they became dance-worthy we wouldn’t have to take a bad loss from them.

I guess your thinking is that we’re in competition with them for a set number of slots coming out of the big10, but I know I’ve heard the committee say they don’t factor that in. :wink:

I was looking at it from a seeding stanpoint in the BigTen tournament and the chance of us getting the first day off (I think that would be big for us). For that, we will need 1 more conference win than them. Any chance of that happening (IMO) went out the window with their win against Iowa.