PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Interesting player at Wilkes-Barre GAR

I think this has been noted on this board in the past, but Wilkes-Barre GAR has a 6’10" 355 lb sophomore playing center by the name of Christian Skrepanek, son of erstwhile Wolverine All American and long time NFL player Greg Skrepanek. Looks like he’s averaging about 6 pts a game - not bad for a sophomore.

If you know the story of Greg and his wife, I sure hope this kid turns out different. A little fatherly guidance from the JoePa school of “success with honor” would help set this kid up for life.

[quote=“Great Santini, post:1, topic:1707”]I think this has been noted on this board in the past, but Wilkes-Barre GAR has a 6’10" 355 lb sophomore playing center by the name of Christian Skrepanek, son of erstwhile Wolverine All American and long time NFL player Greg Skrepanek. Looks like he’s averaging about 6 pts a game - not bad for a sophomore.

If you know the story of Greg and his wife, I sure hope this kid turns out different. A little fatherly guidance from the JoePa school of “success with honor” would help set this kid up for life.[/quote]
How much of that weight is fat?

[quote="Great Santini, post:1, topic:1707"]I think this has been noted on this board in the past, but Wilkes-Barre GAR has a 6'10" 355 lb sophomore playing center by the name of Christian Skrepanek, son of erstwhile Wolverine All American and long time NFL player Greg Skrepanek. Looks like he's averaging about 6 pts a game - not bad for a sophomore.

If you know the story of Greg and his wife, I sure hope this kid turns out different. A little fatherly guidance from the JoePa school of “success with honor” would help set this kid up for life.[/quote]

No idea. His dad played at 6’8" and about 330. So maybe the kid has a little fat; but he sure has a huge body.

[quote="Great Santini, post:1, topic:1707"]I think this has been noted on this board in the past, but Wilkes-Barre GAR has a 6'10" 355 lb sophomore playing center by the name of Christian Skrepanek, son of erstwhile Wolverine All American and long time NFL player Greg Skrepanek. Looks like he's averaging about 6 pts a game - not bad for a sophomore.

No idea. His dad played at 6’8" and about 330. So maybe the kid has a little fat; but he sure has a huge body.

What level of basketball does he play? (AAAA, AAA, AA, or A)

AAA (I think).