PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Interesting note from Recruit Scoop

I’m going to assume that Alex knows Penn State is out of scholarships.

“As the new Nittany Lions staff continues to restore the roar at Penn State, look for another big name to commit to the program in the coming months.”

Could be why he said in the next couple months once our roster situation shakes out at the end of the season.

I think Billy might graduate early, and we may have another “care-frontation.”

[quote=“rwd5035, post:3, topic:3059”]I think Billy might graduate early, and we may have another “care-frontation.”[/quote] yeah i have to agree this is what more than likely is going to happen

Could also be an early commit from 2014.

At this point 2014 commits are hardly worth it.

[quote="rwd5035, post:3, topic:3059"]I think Billy might graduate early, and we may have another "care-frontation."[/quote] yeah i have to agree this is what more than likely is going to happen

For Billy’s sake I hope he makes the decision that is right for him. I don’t ever want to see another of our athletes hurt to the extent it affects them later in life. Brain injuries are nothing to mess with. I appreciate wanting to participate since you enjoy it and you’ve done it your whole life but it comes to a point when you have to say I have a lot of years ahead of me and I need to learn how to play golf. I saw Billy go down early in the year and just sat there and cringed until he got up. I don’t want Billy to leave because I enjoy watching him play but I will applaud him if he does decide to leave because I know that will be an extremely tough decision to make.

[quote="rwd5035, post:3, topic:3059"]I think Billy might graduate early, and we may have another "care-frontation."[/quote] yeah i have to agree this is what more than likely is going to happen

For Billy’s sake I hope he makes the decision that is right for him. I don’t ever want to see another of our athletes hurt to the extent it affects them later in life. Brain injuries are nothing to mess with. I appreciate wanting to participate since you enjoy it and you’ve done it your whole life but it comes to a point when you have to say I have a lot of years ahead of me and I need to learn how to play golf. I saw Billy go down early in the year and just sat there and cringed until he got up. I don’t want Billy to leave because I enjoy watching him play but I will applaud him if he does decide to leave because I know that will be an extremely tough decision to make.

I saw Billy take a charge early in the Michigan State game. When he went down, it initially looked like he was reaching both hands up to his head ( a CLASSIC initial sign of a concussion). Actually, I think he was just blocking the side of his head because of a MSU player jumping or stepping next to him.

Like you, my first instinct was OHH NOOOO !!!

Being that Billy is academically a Senior I never thought that he would stay for a 6th year. I can’t say how things will turn out but I think he will be finished playing for us either this year or next.

I’ve got a lot of respect for Billy. That kid has fought through all these head issues, and I’d hate to see him go out on such a sour note. But like others have said, it would be way worse to have him suffer long-term problems as a result of continuing to play. If he’s cleared for it, I’d love to see him back, but his health has obviously got to come first.

perhaps Jeter?!?!

Jeter would not be a big name recruit.

You guys are just trying to stir up all sorts of nonsense suggesting Billy is going to graduate early. I know it’s just speculation, but non of you have any clue what he is thinking right now about his future

Graduate early? This is his fourth year. Even if he plays his fifth year and then leaves, we’d still have another scholarship open for 2012 and two open in 2013 for Thorpe and Austin. Relax. I think most are speculating more about the 6th year, not the 5th.

You guys are just trying to stir up all sorts of nonsense suggesting Billy is going to graduate early. I know it's just speculation, but non of you have any clue what he is thinking right now about his future

Graduate early? This is his fourth year. Even if he plays his fifth year and then leaves, we’d still have another scholarship open for 2012 and two open in 2013 for Thorpe and Austin. Relax. I think most are speculating more about the 6th year, not the 5th.

My mistake…By graduate early, I mean this year. Yes he is on time, but I do not consider him a senior. I highly doubt this is his last season

[quote="Ron Swanson, post:13, topic:3059"]You guys are just trying to stir up all sorts of nonsense suggesting Billy is going to graduate early. I know it's just speculation, but non of you have any clue what he is thinking right now about his future[/quote]

My mistake…By graduate early, I mean this year. Yes he is on time, but I do not consider him a senior. I highly doubt this is his last season

I expect him back next year too. It’s the next year that I wonder about. Would he want to delay his career away from basketball for one more year?

[quote="Ron Swanson, post:13, topic:3059"]You guys are just trying to stir up all sorts of nonsense suggesting Billy is going to graduate early. I know it's just speculation, but non of you have any clue what he is thinking right now about his future[/quote]

and what people are saying is that he’s likely to return for his fifth year but not his sixth in 2013 when we have the scholarship issue.