Interesting Joe Silko fact

So it turns out that Pryor was playing against Joe Silko the game that Pryor made a threat to jump into the stands and beat up a kid. Not really worth anything, but it’s interesting.

Heres an article if you haven’t heard the story.
http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/kovakstory/02-17-08-kovak-column

Disclaimer—I’m not out here to flame Pryor or anything like that, I just thought it was cool that Joe Silko was there and was worth sharing.

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:119”]So it turns out that Pryor was playing against Joe Silko the game that Pryor made a threat to jump into the stands and beat up a kid. Not really worth anything, but it’s interesting.

Disclaimer—I’m not out here to flame Pryor or anything like that, I just thought it was cool that Joe Silko was there and was worth sharing.[/quote]

I’ve seen video of that and yeah Pryor did talk back to the crowd - and that wasn’t the brightest thing to do. But let’s not lose sight of the fact that it was well after the cops had already tossed one guy and arrested another. The kids in the stands were way way out of line.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:119"]So it turns out that Pryor was playing against Joe Silko the game that Pryor made a threat to jump into the stands and beat up a kid. Not really worth anything, but it's interesting.

Disclaimer—I’m not out here to flame Pryor or anything like that, I just thought it was cool that Joe Silko was there and was worth sharing.[/quote]

I’ve seen video of that and yeah Pryor did talk back to the crowd - and that wasn’t the brightest thing to do. But let’s not lose sight of the fact that it was well after the cops had already tossed one guy and arrested another. The kids in the stands were way way out of line.

Yeah they were for sure. Still have to stay focused. But I guess we were all young once…lol

I have been to several/many games at Joe’s school (South Fayette.) The student fan base is very vocal/strong. I have NO doubt the game against Jeanette was wild. Not defending Pryor. I have seen him misbehave on the court MANY times.

Has anyone seen Pryor play yet this year? I was out of town the week of our only road game so I haven’t had a chance to watch any OSU football. Was wondering how he looks – if he’s improved any. His team doesn’t seem to be as good as last year, but Beanie Wells is gone as well as Robiskie and some others. So maybe it’s not Pryor. Anyway, just wondered.

UncleLar, I was at the South Fayette/Jeanette basketball playoff game from well before the game began. Don’t buy for one second the notion that the South Fayette students provoked Pryor’s behavior at that game. Pryor began shouting derogatory remarks at the South Fayette players and coaches as they entered the gym (when there were virtually no fans in the place). He continued during pre-game and throughout the game. The two South Fayette fans that were ejected late in the game were both ejected for yelling at refs about calls - the ejections had nothing to do with Pryor’s behavior. There were no more than 75 South Fayette students at the game seated under the basket. Many of them were elementary school kids! Someone has posted a picture of the student section before . . . it is actually pretty funny because the kids are so clearly NOT threatening in any way. One of the kids did dress like Jim Tressel (the kid is about 5’6 and 140 lbs.). He sure wasn’t threatening at all. There were NO ugly incidents in the game between the players - the South Fayette kids said NOTHING to Pryor (and Pryor’s teammates actually also said nothing). You could tell that Pryor was angry in the game that South Fayette was able to play with Jeanette, and that his taunting was having no effect. After the game, an overtime victory for Jeanette, Pryor said “F… you” to the South Fayette players and coaches as they went through the handshake line, and then went after the South Fayette student section (which included in the front rows a bunch of LITTLE kids). Pryor then went to the South Fayette locker room to try to find someone to fight, but fortunately the kids were already in the locker room, and he just acted like an ass in the hallway. The South Fayette Superintendent was sitting in the student section and reported the entire affair to the WPIAL, but they chose to do nothing. Not surprisingly, the next game Jeanette got into a brawl with North Catholic after the game in exactly the same circumstances.
I know this is old news, but since someone brought it up again, and since you seemed to be accepting the version that Pryor was somehow instigated, I wanted to set the record straight on what actually happened. I said immediately after that game (and posted in on another site) that Penn State would really be dodging a bullet if we didn’t get Pryor. Nothing has happened since then to change my mind.

Pretty much all you need to know is he threw 2 picks last week and fumbled twice…a lot of talk of him getting benched this week for a while. He has had good games and he has had some really bad ones, mainly last week. He hasn’t really stepped up much from last season.

Pryor looked awful vs. Purdue.

Defenses are learning to contain his running (his ypc is lower this year) and his passing hasn’t improved (worst completion pct, yards per pass, TD:INT ratio).

His only real success comes on broken plays where he throws one into long-since broken down coverage, or throws a jump ball.

http://www.all-about-psychology.com/selective-perception.html

[quote=“Tom, post:8, topic:119”]Pryor looked awful vs. Purdue.

Defenses are learning to contain his running (his ypc is lower this year) and his passing hasn’t improved (worst completion pct, yards per pass, TD:INT ratio).

His only real success comes on broken plays where he throws one into long-since broken down coverage, or throws a jump ball.[/quote]

If moonballing, and arm punts were a position in the NFL he’d be a stater

I think they altered this article since the first time I read it.

[quote=“Tom, post:8, topic:119”]Pryor looked awful vs. Purdue.

His only real success comes on broken plays where he throws one into long-since broken down coverage, or throws a jump ball.[/quote]

Big Ten preseason player of the year Terrelle Pryor…By DAVID JONES, The Patriot-News

On D you need to contain him in the pocket and make him throw outside the hash marks. If you let him break contain he’s very dangerous, but he seems to like running outside a lot more than up the middle. His throws have been ok in the middle of the field, but he really seems to struggle with the sideline patterns. I think his shotgun style throwing motion is a major reason. Awful mechanics.

I was watching the Purdue game and thought Tressel would start calling more designed runs for him in the 2nd half, but didn’t. OSU needs TP to do what he’s best at and the current play calling seems designed to make him do what he doesn’t do well.

He’s going to be a fantastic TE in the NFL if he can catch.

I think it will be a matter of if he can block. Even the ‘receiving’ TEs in the NFL need to block. They might not have to be a third tackle, but even the Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates types are still good blockers. Maybe not the best blocking TE, but they still need to be able to block, pick up blitzing LBs, etc. I don’t care how well you can catch, if you can’t block, you’re not going to be an NFL TE.

That being said, if TP can’t block or catch at teh NFL level, his size and speed might work in teh secondary.

[quote="JakkL, post:13, topic:119"]He's going to be a fantastic TE in the NFL if he can catch.[/quote]

I think it will be a matter of if he can block. Even the ‘receiving’ TEs in the NFL need to block. They might not have to be a third tackle, but even the Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates types are still good blockers. Maybe not the best blocking TE, but they still need to be able to block, pick up blitzing LBs, etc. I don’t care how well you can catch, if you can’t block, you’re not going to be an NFL TE.

That being said, if TP can’t block or catch at teh NFL level, his size and speed might work in teh secondary.

He’ll be a defensive end before he ever sees time in the secondary.

[quote="JakkL, post:13, topic:119"]He's going to be a fantastic TE in the NFL if he can catch.[/quote]

He’ll be a defensive end before he ever sees time in the secondary.

the Steelers might be looking for a kicker pretty soon

I always thought that Pryor would be an amazing WR. His speed, size, and athleticism would make him a very hard match-up - a match-up that I can’t see Penn State being able to defend with the secondary currently on the team.

Oh yeah, to stay on the basketball topic, Lebron James would be an INCREDIBLE NFL TE.

[quote=“bem5047, post:17, topic:119”]I always thought that Pryor would be an amazing WR. His speed, size, and athleticism would make him a very hard match-up - a match-up that I can’t see Penn State being able to defend with the secondary currently on the team.

Oh yeah, to stay on the basketball topic, Lebron James would be an INCREDIBLE NFL TE.[/quote]

LeBron James: High School Football