Interesting 1st Round KenPom picks

Utah State 63-62 over Texas A&M - I picked A&M in a heart beat… making me reconsider.
Old Dominion 65-64 over Notre Dame - I’m not sure how much this is incorporating ND’s new style of play.
Florida State 67-63 over Gonzaga - I had Gonzaga originally, now not so sure.
Marquette 73-72 over Washington - I’ve been back and forth on this one for awhile.

These picks could fluctuate (as they always do), these are the picks as of 5PM today.

[quote=“noobd, post:1, topic:982”]Utah State 63-62 over Texas A&M - I picked A&M in a heart beat… making me reconsider.
Old Dominion 65-64 over Notre Dame - I’m not sure how much this is incorporating ND’s new style of play.
Florida State 67-63 over Gonzaga - I had Gonzaga originally, now not so sure.
Marquette 73-72 over Washington - I’ve been back and forth on this one for awhile.

These picks could fluctuate (as they always do), these are the picks as of 5PM today.[/quote]

Hmmmmmm, looks like I could go 1-3 with those (picked Marquette).

Everything in Pomeroy weights all games the same. So for a team like ND, it’s simply looking at their season long stats and making the picks. It doesn’t do anything with injuries (so Ohio St or a team missing someone for a chunk would be undervalued, and Purdue would be overvalued). The numbers are good to use as a guide, and them to make adjustments from there based on what factors you don’t think are truely picked up in his numbers.

I’m sure there is a Kenpom tracker on the internet, but I know he predicted many of Seton Hall’s games very closely. Some of the BE games down the stretch were almost identical scores as well.

He nailed the 1 point ODU victory, but duffed the 1 point Marquette victory (thanks to a last second shot).

KenPom is ridiculously close.