PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Interactive Map Of Fun

It’s not done, and it isn’t perfect, but here you go: Every recruit Penn State has picked up since 1996.
http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=219935

This doesn’t include Euro pickups

That reminds me, a few seconds after the buzzer Thursday I got a text from a fellow Penn Stater that said “We need an Argentinian.”

This is cool. I’m guessing that the JUCO’s are shown based on the location of the junior college they attended and not their high school. Danny Morrissey was from Ohio I think, but went to high school in Florida for some reason. Tre Bowman is from York, but went to prep school in CT. No big deal, just noting it.

I don’t see Talor on this. Is he buried behind Taran?

[quote=“mjg, post:4, topic:2232”]This is cool. I’m guessing that the JUCO’s are shown based on the location of the junior college they attended and not their high school. Danny Morrissey was from Ohio I think, but went to high school in Florida for some reason. Tre Bowman is from York, but went to prep school in CT. No big deal, just noting it.

I don’t see Talor on this. Is he buried behind Taran?[/quote]

Correct on both fronts. I just went by the location given by recruiting services. It’s too hard to check every player in that time span to see where they’re really from on that level. As long as it’s on the same standard that’s all I cared about.

I’m embarrassed to say there are at least 3 players on the map that I don’t remember at all.

There are several walk-ons that made it.

I'm embarrassed to say there are at least 3 players on the map that I don't remember at all.

And two football players.

I like this. I would get rid of the walkons and football players. It would better show the areas we are truly recruiting out of.

Nicely done.

FYI, You have his name spelled “Titous” Ivory Pettigrew:)

[quote="mjg, post:6, topic:2232"]I'm embarrassed to say there are at least 3 players on the map that I don't remember at all.[/quote]

I like this. I would get rid of the walkons and football players. It would better show the areas we are truly recruiting out of.

if somebody can weed them out I’ll take them out. It’s tough the way I was gettiing the names to check all of that. I did catch some football players but not all

Walkons are:

Pete Rogowski
Ken Krimmel
Jon Branam
Tim McGovern

Football: Titicus Pettigrew (I think that’s how you spell it, if I am remembering correctly)
Same Crenshaw

Titcus…Titicus was his Roman gladiator name.

“Different” Crenshaw though…“Sam” :slight_smile:

;D typo

[quote="mjg, post:6, topic:2232"]I'm embarrassed to say there are at least 3 players on the map that I don't remember at all.[/quote]

I would keep the walk-ons. A lot of times, they are recruited like the rest of the players, just not offered a scholarship. Remember, HoJo was a walk-on.

Remember, HoJo was a walk-on.

He was also a gladiator ;D

I would keep the walk-ons. A lot of times, they are recruited like the rest of the players, just not offered a scholarship. Remember, HoJo was a walk-on.

Most times they aren’t. I’d delete them. I’m pretty sure that HoJo was the only one in the bunch who was actually recruited a bit.

Yeah, I thought there was a pretty decent story with Dunn recruiting Hojo.