Inspirational PSU Sports video

Our Team

That reminded me of what I like most about Penn State and most college athletes. That it’s about love of the game and your team and not about “me”.

Just for the record, this video was already posted on the thread below two days ago. :slight_smile:

http://pennstatehoops.com/talk/index.php?topic=42.0

I think that it is time for uido to take a rest. He seems to be dominating all athletic events where the game is secondary to his “ego” productions. Most of go to watch the event and not be tortured by his loud noise productions. He doesn’t need to be on camera for every break in the action. Tim I hope you get to read this and take it into consideration, because it represents the fans not the suits in the stands.

Your gripe has to be with someone else because the only “event” that Guido does is football (his company does produce the Penn State Basketball story but they don’t do any game day production). Also, he doesn’t produce the live TV coverage so he has nothing to do with what appears live on camera. Plus, although I haven’t watched yesterday’s football game yet, I can’t remember the last time that I actually saw Guido on camera so what exactly are you referring to when you say that “he doesn’t need to be on camera for every break in the action” (in fact, I don’t remember ever seeing him on camera in any of the productions that his company does so I don’t think he feels a need to be seen).

And as far complaining about what he has done, what he’s accomplished at Beaver Stadium is somewhat miraculous. The place has been transformed from what was probably one of the least quiet group of 100,000+ people that I’ve ever seen into one of the more intimidating environments in college football. I wouldn’t have believed it possible ten years ago.

I don’t know who gets the credit, but when I see Joe and the players visiting Paternoville and the relationship Jamelle and Talor have with fans I am completely jealous of what the students have today. I was flabbergasted when I returned for the 2005 Ohio State game. The atmosphere was so dramatically different that I could not believe I was at my school.

2005 Penn State vs Ohio State Tribute Video

My time in the student section was characterized not by white-outs and intimidation, but of marshmellow throwing. Things were so boring in the student section that the marsh-fights were one of the fun things about the student section. If I have to hear “I say joe-pa you say tern-o” one more time, I’ll gag.

The student section today is light-years away from where it was when I was there, and I truely believe that raises the bar for the rest of the stadium in terms of noise, etc. The transformation is truely amazing.

But it was the cheer that gave Paterno the nickname JoePa. He was never called that before the cheer started, so it does deserve a place of honor.

[quote="MarkH, post:7, topic:59"]If I have to hear "I say joe-pa you say tern-o" one more time, I'll gag.[/quote]

But it was the cheer that gave Paterno the nickname JoePa. He was never called that before the cheer started, so it does deserve a place of honor.

I agree with both of you. The cheer was great freshman year. But by senior year, I was ready for something new.