PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Injury

Sasa tore his ACL tonight at practise :frowning:

Can this team have some good luck for once? Ugh!

That is terrible news. >:(

Ugh, not news I wanted to hear. A tough break for him and for the team. Thanks for the update, sad as it is, Truth.

Bummer all around. Thanks for the update.

Damn…

Looks like Graham will fill his slot. I’m guessing he’ll take a medical red shirt.

That is the one position we couldn’t afford to have someone go down.

Oh well at least it happened early so they will have time to react.

Just once I would like for the guys to make it through the year without getting injured. It seems like we are always playing what if. What if Geary doesn’t get hurt? What if Mel doesn’t hurt his shoulder? What if Billy Oliver isn’t having headaches. Here’s hoping for a total and complete recovery for Sasa.

That sucks.

Good luck to Sasa.

Also, a “good health” wish to Oliver.

Sucks big time! :frowning:

Good luck with your recovery Sasa.

That really sucks…Sasa was going to be the first big off the bench this year. I bet he was looking at 20 mpg between the 4 and 5 spots. I agree, he’ll probably red shirt this year. So, I guess our front court depth now consists of Graham and Oliver (yikes). I hope DJ, Jeff and Andrew are good for 35 minutes per game…actually, i think we could see Marshall or Woodyard get more minutes at the 3 and Jeff and DJ will split time at the 4. Maybe DJ is our backup at the 5. >:(

Well, it looks like Graham will really be thrown right into the fire now.

Sometimes that’s the best way to accelerate your learning.

Hope Sasa has a full recovery and everyone should be glad this didn’t happen at the beginning of next season.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:7, topic:1386”]That is the one position we couldn’t afford to have someone go down.

Just once I would like for the guys to make it through the year without getting injured. It seems like we are always playing what if. What if Geary doesn’t get hurt? What if Mel doesn’t hurt his shoulder? What if Billy Oliver isn’t having headaches. Here’s hoping for a total and complete recovery for Sasa.[/quote]

Lot of teams have the same issues. I know it sucks to think about, but it would actually be more rare at this point to make it through an entire year without a couple of major injuries to a program.

Let’s just try to look for a silver lining in all of it… for instance, we get Sasa as a very mature 25 year old for his senior season… which could be very good if he rehabs well and continues developing. You can’t teach maturity, right?

I don’t know… this sucks, I agree. But I tired to stay positive.

OUCH! I hate that. Hope the re-hab goes as good as possible and he can be ready and rareing to go 12 months out.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:7, topic:1386"]That is the one position we couldn't afford to have someone go down.

Just once I would like for the guys to make it through the year without getting injured. It seems like we are always playing what if. What if Geary doesn’t get hurt? What if Mel doesn’t hurt his shoulder? What if Billy Oliver isn’t having headaches. Here’s hoping for a total and complete recovery for Sasa.[/quote]

Lot of teams have the same issues. I know it sucks to think about, but it would actually be more rare at this point to make it through an entire year without a couple of major injuries to a program.

Let’s just try to look for a silver lining in all of it… for instance, we get Sasa as a very mature 25 year old for his senior season… which could be very good if he rehabs well and continues developing. You can’t teach maturity, right?

Silver lining? I think that that’s a bit obvious, IMO - Graham is gonna gain some very valuable experience and be a more matured sophomore during the 2011-12 season.
[quote="jjepsu92, post:7, topic:1386"]That is the one position we couldn't afford to have someone go down.

Silver lining? I think that that’s a bit obvious, IMO - Graham is gonna gain some very valuable experience and be a more matured sophomore during the 2011-12 season.

Good try with the silver lining, I’ve been looking for one myself.

Two things jump out at me:

1.) This is THE YEAR. We are loaded for a run this year. That’s what really hurts about it. It’s nice to have the experience for next year and all, but this is the year we have been pointing to for a while.

2.)He’s a Euro. It’s hard to keep them around for 4 years, let alone 5. Reality is, if he is any good, he will get an offer to play back home and be gone, that’s the way it is with Euros.

Goran Suton stayed at MSU for 5 years. Sasa will be about the same age as Goran was after 5 years.

Big difference with Suton is that his family fled Bosnia and moved to Lansing where he attended high school for several years. Leaving school early to play in Europe would mean leaving his family, not rejoining it.