Indiana/Pittsburgh

Hoosiers 45-37 :o
12:00 remain
ESPN

While its somewhat of a surprise, Pitt has looked extremely mediocre this year, so with Indiana’s freshman class being so talented, I don’t think its all that much of an upset. Pitt is probably going to finish in the bottom half of the big east this year.

Hoosiers 59-42
Under 8:00

Hoosiers 67-54
under 2:00

Hoosiers win 74-64.

Regardless of Pitt’s woes, fine effort and win for Indy.

BTW…Jeff Brooks follow-up slam leads off SportsCenter tease, along with Gus Johnson’s terrific call.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:449”]Hoosiers win 74-64.

BTW…Jeff Brooks follow-up slam leads off SportsCenter tease, along with Gus Johnson’s terrific call.[/quote]
Is there a video up yet?

And yeah, Pitt isn’t good this year - but still…

Brooks’ dunk was the #1 play on sportcenter…is that a first for PSU?

Beat me to the post Slash. Didn’t Battle’s coast-to-coaster against the Illini last year garner the #1 spot???

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:449"]Hoosiers win 74-64.

BTW…Jeff Brooks follow-up slam leads off SportsCenter tease, along with Gus Johnson’s terrific call.[/quote]
Is there a video up yet?

Yep

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/videos/pennstate.asp?autostart=true&bcpid=28201009001&bclid=53147663001&bctid=55445723001

Great news! Will make life in Pgh more bearable this winter.

The Hoosiers are much improved from last year and will only get better. We might find ourselves battling the Hawkeyes for the basement unless this team shows a ton of improvement and fast. I’m still giving the young guys time but some of the upper classmen have been very disappointing this season.

I agree that IU is improved…and boy do they hustle. But still good E-Mail material this morning to my ~itter friends.
Also , I agree, again that IU - PSU will be a dangerous match-up.

Yes, we need to improve. Like last year. When we struggle this season, I keep going back to that.

Not saying that’s not very hard to do.

I’ve found it tough to root against Villanova and Pitt since Jay W and Howland/Dixon got to those places. All those guys have integrity. I’m not saying there were cheaters there before, just that these guys seem to enjoy what they are doing for the right reasons.

Makes it that much harder for our guys, though. I always think back to Valvano. He took some “iffys” at NCSt. but it’s hard to take the high road when there’s already a traffic jam there with Duke and UNC.

[quote="tjb, post:13, topic:449"]I've found it tough to root against Villanova and Pitt since Jay W and Howland/Dixon got to those places. All those guys have integrity. I'm not saying there were cheaters there before, just that these guys seem to enjoy what they are doing for the right reasons.[/quote]

Makes it that much harder for our guys, though. I always think back to Valvano. He took some “iffys” at NCSt. but it’s hard to take the high road when there’s already a traffic jam there with Duke and UNC.

Iffy’s? Chris Washburn had a combined 470 on his SATs. He was run out of there because of iffys, and he was only really rehabilitated by his inspirational fight against cancer.

[quote="tjb, post:13, topic:449"]I've found it tough to root against Villanova and Pitt since Jay W and Howland/Dixon got to those places. All those guys have integrity. I'm not saying there were cheaters there before, just that these guys seem to enjoy what they are doing for the right reasons.[/quote]

Iffy’s? Chris Washburn had a combined 470 on his SATs. He was run out of there because of iffys, and he was only really rehabilitated by his inspirational fight against cancer.

I was trying to be nice… but my point remains the same. It’s all about finding a niche that you can fill without being crowded. It’s real nice if Pitt and 'Nova can win the “right way” but it makes it that much harder for us to do the same and be successful.