Indiana loses star freshman

Maurice Creek, leading scorer among B10 frosh, broke his kneecap in the Hoosier’s game against Bryant Monday night and will likely be out for the season. Tom Crean is overdue for a run of some good luck.

Boy, that sounds REALLY painful. Best of luck to the kid.

This sounds like Coach DeChellis when he first got here right through to when Geary went down against Wisconsin. Crean will turn that around and when he does everyone in the league is in trouble, I’m afraid.

I broke my kneecap in college. The injury itself wasn’t that bad and there was no pain as long as I didn’t put any weight on it. However, the pain that I had in my knee AFTER the surgery was excruciating. I attributed it to the pressure from my leg swelling inside my plaster cast. Once the swelling went down after a day or so the pain went away. Perhaps these days they have a less invasive technique or a better way of immobilizing the leg and it won’t be as bad but the pain that I had was easily the worst that I’ve ever experienced.

Given the source, this gets my vote for most unlikely quote of the year. ;D

[quote="blue2blue, post:2, topic:559"]Boy, that sounds REALLY painful. Best of luck to the kid.[/quote]

I broke my kneecap in college. The injury itself wasn’t that bad and there was no pain as long as I didn’t put any weight on it. However, the pain that I had in my knee AFTER the surgery was excruciating. I attributed it to the pressure from my leg swelling inside my plaster cast. Once the swelling went down after a day or so the pain went away. Perhaps these days they have a less invasive technique or a better way of immobilizing the leg and it won’t be as bad but the pain that I had was easily the worst that I’ve ever experienced.

Back in those days you’re lucky they didn’t amputate. Was that before or after the incandescent bulb. Just kidding Lar, you probably don’t have me by too many years.

[quote="blue2blue, post:2, topic:559"]Boy, that sounds REALLY painful. Best of luck to the kid.[/quote]

Back in those days you’re lucky they didn’t amputate. Was that before or after the incandescent bulb. Just kidding Lar, you probably don’t have me by too many years.

You’re not too far off. I can’t throw a baseball to this day because fixing a rotator cuff when I damaged it was major surgery. Now a doctor probably does it with an iPhone and a catheter.