PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

In Praise of Lamar Stevens

Elite if you believe this website…Athlete Benchmarks: How Much Weight Should You Lift? | STACK

Interesting and fun to read! I can do “elite” on 3 or 4 of those, and above minimum on the others. It looks like I have some work I gotta do. I’m a washed up, 32 year-old wanna-be :wink:

Can you shoot the 3? And do you have any eligibility left?

I have all 4 of my years left and I shoot the 3 about as good as Zem has to date in his career.

Unless you’ve been in the military this whole time, your eligibility is expired, sorry :slight_smile:

Maybe he was on a LONG church mission or in the Peace Corps. They’d count too. :slight_smile:

Or maybe he’s Mrs. Duggar, and has been pregnant the whole time

Good point. That’s the most comfortable he’s looked all season when being doubled.

What a great young man and an awesome representative for Penn State.

One more year! One more year!

I don’t follow the rest of the Big10 to know this answer, but, does Lamar have a chance at first team all-Big10? I don’t know if he deserves it or not. I also don’t know how his game will translate into the pros. What I do know is he is a damn good college basketball player and I am very happy he plays for PSU. I also hope he plays one more year for PSU.

Not likely. Too many other good players on teams with better records.

A VERY good college player, but there may be no room at the 1st team inn for Lamar. Doesn’t mean he can’t be selected, but here’s a list of the names that have been B1G players/freshman of the week through the week of Feb 4. (duplicates removed)

Bruno Fernando, So., F, MD
Carsen Edwards, Jr., G, PUR
Cassius Winston, Jr., G, MSU
Daniel Oturu, C, MINN
Ethan Happ, Sr., F, WIS
Gabe Kalscheur, G, MINN
Ignas Brazdeikis, G/F, MICH
Jalen Smith, F, MD
Joe Wieskamp, G, IOWA
Jordan Murphy, Sr., F, MINN
Jordan Poole, G, MICH
Juwan Morgan, Sr., F, IND
Kaleb Wesson, So., C, OSU
Nick Ward, Jr., F, MSU
Romeo Langford, G, IND

Of course, it SHOULD be about the season you had, but a lot of those names seem like good 1st team candidates. And then there are all the other non-weekly award players having decent seasons. Winning % shouldn’t have anything to do with it, but that certainly has to have some effect in the minds of those selecting these things

Happ, Winston, and Edwards are going to be in the running for all americans, so they’re pretty much locks for 1st team big ten. Last two spots are probably a race between guys like Cook, Langford, Ward, Palmer, Fernando, Simpson…

I think Lamar has a pretty good shot for 2nd team however. He’s 2nd in scoring, 6th in rebounding.