In Honor of Our Nation's Founder

My Team is On The Floor. Sure, we are all disappointed by 0-5 but there are 13 games left to play in conference. We have a young nucleus of Babb, Frazier, Edwards, Woodyard and Marshall with the best player ever to wear blue and white, Talor Battle, and his half-brother, a big recruit, coming in next year Taran Buie. There is no point in debating the future, it will play itself out. I am not ready to give up on this team or this staff. I have seen every game basically for the last 15 years. I’ve seen David Macklin bank a layup over the rim at Illinois without touching rim or net. We are better now than we have been in our other dark periods. I’m looking forward to Thursday’s game, some bounces going our way and this team learning how to win. My Team is On The Floor.

I’m not so sure many are “giving up” but are just very concerned with the present and near future. At least thats what I am. If I were to be a front running, band wagon fan I wouldn’t be a SHU or PSU fan. :wink:

Agreed - but the problem with this viewpoint is that it prevents you from making positive change for the future. I also don’t think we are that young anymore.

[quote="GoSpikes, post:1, topic:689"]My Team is On The Floor. Sure, we are all disappointed by 0-5 but there are 13 games left to play in conference. We have a young nucleus of Babb, Frazier, Edwards, Woodyard and Marshall with the best player ever to wear blue and white, Talor Battle, and his half-brother, a big recruit, coming in next year Taran Buie. There is no point in debating the future, it will play itself out. I am not ready to give up on this team or this staff. I have seen every game basically for the last 15 years. I've seen David Macklin bank a layup over the rim at Illinois without touching rim or net. We are better now than we have been in our other dark periods. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game, some bounces going our way and this team learning how to win. My Team is On The Floor.[/quote]

Agreed - but the problem with this viewpoint is that it prevents you from making positive change for the future. I also don’t think we are that young anymore.

You must’ve missed this part:

" There is no point in debating the future, it will play itself out."

[quote="GoSpikes, post:1, topic:689"]My Team is On The Floor. Sure, we are all disappointed by 0-5 but there are 13 games left to play in conference. We have a young nucleus of Babb, Frazier, Edwards, Woodyard and Marshall with the best player ever to wear blue and white, Talor Battle, and his half-brother, a big recruit, coming in next year Taran Buie. There is no point in debating the future, it will play itself out. I am not ready to give up on this team or this staff. I have seen every game basically for the last 15 years. I've seen David Macklin bank a layup over the rim at Illinois without touching rim or net. We are better now than we have been in our other dark periods. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game, some bounces going our way and this team learning how to win. My Team is On The Floor.[/quote]

That’s true - but you need to look toward the future when evaluating the state of the program. If we don’t, we’ll be stuck in an identical situation that we had with ED. This is why I was forced to change my original view, which was to let ED coach next season. Some posters on the board, can’t remember who, made very good posts why a change after this year is preferable.

And the future includes players like Trey Burke and Peter Alexis – to go along with Taran Buie. How does consider that anything less than “positive change”?

And the future includes players like Trey Burke and Peter Alexis – to go along with Taran Buie. How does consider that anything less than “positive change”?

I don’t think they are going to transform our frontcourt, which is probably the worst of any major conference team.

So is your answer to the question when will PSU make an NCAA appearance, over or under 10 years?

I don’t think they are going to transform our frontcourt, which is probably the worst of any major conference team.

Alexis is a pretty big dude. He probably won’t transform the frontcourt on his own, but he is definitely the biggest frontcourt player ED has recruited as head coach.

[quote="mjg, post:6, topic:689"]And the future includes players like Trey Burke and Peter Alexis -- to go along with Taran Buie. How does consider that anything less than "positive change"?[/quote]

So is your answer to the question when will PSU make an NCAA appearance, over or under 10 years?

2011 – book it now.

[quote="mjg, post:6, topic:689"]And the future includes players like Trey Burke and Peter Alexis -- to go along with Taran Buie. How does consider that anything less than "positive change"?[/quote]

2011 – book it now.

Will do. Any thoughts on just how many B10 teams make it next year?

2011 – book it now.

Will do. Any thoughts on just how many B10 teams make it next year?

I think we’ll be in the top half next year, so won’t matter to us. But I think as many as 8 could make it next year. 10 could be good enough – but someone has to lose the conference games, so not all records will be worthy.

That’s true - but you need to look toward the future when evaluating the state of the program. If we don’t, we’ll be stuck in an identical situation that we had with ED. This is why I was forced to change my original view, which was to let ED coach next season. Some posters on the board, can’t remember who, made very good posts why a change after this year is preferable.

So, we win 13 straight and end up 13-5 in the Big 10 and you still want ED out? That is awesome! Your mind is made up!

ED isn’t going anywhere now. I am simply saying support the team and let it play out. Some of us have been around a LONG time and get a little insulted when some twentysomething gives up in January.

So, we win 13 straight and end up 13-5 in the Big 10 and you still want ED out? That is awesome! Your mind is made up!

ED isn’t going anywhere now. I am simply saying support the team and let it play out. Some of us have been around a LONG time and get a little insulted when some twentysomething gives up in January.

I wish I was in my 20s… At this point, I’d take 3-15. I’ve been around a long time as well, and I’ve seen this show before…

Pomeroy’s “Experience Rating” puts us 265th in the country (out of 347 teams). We’re also the 345th most unlucky team out of the 347.

[quote="FanofPSU, post:3, topic:689"]I also don't think we are that young anymore.[/quote]

Pomeroy’s “Experience Rating” puts us 265th in the country (out of 347 teams). We’re also the 345th most unlucky team out of the 347.

Looks like the basketball gods are paying us back for being so “lucky” last year when we were 17th. What goes around comes around I guess. Last year we won the close games, this year we’re losing them. I suspect that actual talent/skill levels of the two teams aren’t nearly as different as the record would indicate. We probably won more than we should have last year and are losing more than we should have this year.

[quote="FanofPSU, post:3, topic:689"]I also don't think we are that young anymore.[/quote]

Looks like the basketball gods are paying us back for being so “lucky” last year when we were 17th. What goes around comes around I guess. Last year we won the close games, this year we’re losing them. I suspect that actual talent/skill levels of the two teams aren’t nearly as different as the record would indicate. We probably won more than we should have last year and are losing more than we should have this year.

So I guess one could conclude that even with a roster filled with Battle, Cornley, Pringle and Danny, it took a crapload of luck to win the NIT. I wonder where we would be if Larranaga has his team foul Battle last March.

Agreed… How many games did Talor win on the last shot last year?

Agreed… How many games did Talor win on the last shot last year?

Whew, I feel much better now knowing that we are just experiencing a streak of bad luck! For awhile I thought that we may have more serious problems. :wink:

Is Frats saying this wrong? I’m reading this to mean 344 teams are more unlucky than we are. That can’t possibly be the case.