In all of the talk of Conference Expansion

This is definitely the worst speculation that I have ever seen. The only thing that you can say about it, is that this person’s predictions are definitely going to be 100% wrong

http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=6&msgid=901

Gotta agree with you - his argument is wrong in so many ways, it isn’t worth the effort of picking it apart :smiley:

Wow, I took a peek just to see what this was about. I don’t even know what to say. He could be right. But that totally flies against any speculation I’ve heard before. The only thing that makes any sense is the possible involvement of state governments. But as tight as budgets are getting, why would they fight a move to make more money?

Never say never I guess, but it’s really doubtful that the academic snobs of the Pac 10 will lower themselves to adding Boise State or Nevada. It’ll be a minor miracle for them to add Utah and BYU.

Why does some crackpot forum poster who knows nothing about how anything works even merit a reaction? Cincinnati? That’s just asinine.

that wasn’t even the one that got my attention. He sounded like he thought Idaho and Nevada were shoe-ins for the Pac-10 - the same conference whose academically snotty presidents have heartburn over being associated with Arizona State. I also don’t think either one of those schools (ID, NV) draw any kind of moderately large number to their football games. Cincinnati to the Big Ten may be a stretch, but not nearly as far fetched as those 2 to the Pac-10

Why does traffic come to a virtual stop when the accident is on the other side of the highway?

[quote="djones, post:5, topic:1173"]Why does some crackpot forum poster who knows nothing about how anything works even merit a reaction? [i]Cincinnati?[/i] That's just asinine.[/quote]

Why does traffic come to a virtual stop when the accident is on the other side of the highway?

In case the chicken that caused the accident is trying to cross the road.

[quote="djones, post:5, topic:1173"]Why does some crackpot forum poster who knows nothing about how anything works even merit a reaction? [i]Cincinnati?[/i] That's just asinine.[/quote]

The bigger question is “WHY was the chicken trying to cross the road?”

Until these issues are resolved expansion is doomed.

So then is it the chicken that is writing these crackpot forum posts too? There is a powerful force at work here.

So then is it the chicken that is writing these crackpot forum posts too? There is a powerful force at work here.

Cock-a-doodle-do!

Indeed. Big Farming strikes again!

[quote=“Jeremy, post:4, topic:1173”]Never say never I guess, but it’s really doubtful that the academic snobs of the Pac 10 will lower themselves to adding Boise State or Nevada. It’ll be a minor miracle for them to add Utah and BYU.[/quote]Yes, a minor miracle for Utah. Joseph Smith would have to rise from the dead and appear at a Pac10 president’s meeting to get the conservative Morman’s of BYU into the Pac10.

[quote=“djones, post:5, topic:1173”]Why does some crackpot forum poster who knows nothing about how anything works even merit a reaction? Cincinnati? That’s just asinine.[/quote]Agree. Cincy is destined for the MAC if the ACC, B10, SEC and PAC10 conferences all expand and break up the BE.

the post on the Notre Dame post is completely out in left field and totally uninformed.

One of the many things I like about this forum and it’s posters is that the accuracy of the information and awareness of it’s members are at a very high level. I don’t think we would ever see a post like that on here, and definitely would not see others agreeing with it.

Kudos have to be sent out to all on here for such.

:smiley: May I nominate this for Post of the Month?