Illinois

At worst, Illinois will be tied for second in the Big Ten after tonight. If Purdue can beat Michigan State (minus Kalin Lucas) tonight, then Illinois will be in a 3-way tie for first place in the conference at 9-3.

The Fightin’ Illini had a HUGE win at Wisky tonight. The game was Wisky’s first time losing to an unranked B10 team at home during the Bo Ryan era - that’s impressive. However, I would bet that Illinois becomes ranked now.

Thoughts? I didn’t get to watch the game.

Kalin Lucas is playing.

Demetri McCamey is pretty good.

Call me impressed. Earlier in the season I really felt the Illini would struggle in the Big Ten due to a lack of toughness on the inside. But McCamey and Tisdale have really played awfully well throughout conference play. DJ Rich has been strong and now it seems that Davis is getting his game and confidence back in gear a little.

They did win at home vs MSU without Lucas and at Wisconsin without Leuer, but the way they won those was quite impressive. Now if only Ohio State can be without Turner and Purdue without Hummel…I’m kidding.

The Illini cemented their bid to the NCAA tonight I feel. Only a total collapse can keep them out and with the way DMac is playing, that probably won’t happen against teams like Minnesota at home and Michigan. Win those games and they’ll be at 11 conference wins and a lock for the NCAA.

Rokk has been advocating the “INJUNS” for awhile now. He was attempting to wager $100 on the INJUNS making the Dance, even if they were to play averagely down the stretch. This win definitely helps his case.

They are the “feel good” story still of the year in the BigTen11. Good team chemistry = BigTen11 success. The league is NOT filled with an awesomely talented team.
I would give McCamey MVP up to this point.

I always thought Weber didn’t get the credit he deserved - they’re sort’ve like Wisconsin-lite in some ways, and are rarely an easy game for anybody they face, but they just don’t carry the same sort of reputation due to a few mediocre years. When they’re “up”, I think they do some really good things and make for a tough match-up.

[quote=“tundra, post:5, topic:818”]They are the “feel good” story still of the year in the BigTen11. Good team chemistry = BigTen11 success. The league is NOT filled with an awesomely talented team.
I would give McCamey MVP up to this point. [/quote]

I’ve never really agreed with this idea. You put our 1st and 2nd team all-big10 against any other conference and I think we do pretty damn well this year. Other leagues seem to just play a flashier style of basketball.