Illini number one seed in NIT opens on the road?

In cruel twist. Illinois has to play opening round game at Stony Brook because their home arena is booked for Cirque du Soleil.

I forget what the explanation was last year for the NIT seeding. How did PSU get a bad seed (2? 3?) last year when they were clearly last 4 out? This year, Seton Hall got the same seed as UNC. What a JOKE. The NIT clearly just slaps together the seeding. If they want to retain any prestige in the tournament, cleaning up their joke of a seeding process would be a start. /end rant

Seton Hall has a better everything than Cincy (beat them too) and Cincy is a #2 and SHU is a #4. Retarded.

[quote=“noobd, post:2, topic:978”]I forget what the explanation was last year for the NIT seeding. How did PSU get a bad seed (2? 3?) last year when they were clearly last 4 out? This year, Seton Hall got the same seed as UNC. What a JOKE. The NIT clearly just slaps together the seeding. If they want to retain any prestige in the tournament, cleaning up their joke of a seeding process would be a start. /end rant

Seton Hall has a better everything than Cincy (beat them too) and Cincy is a #2 and SHU is a #4. Retarded.[/quote]
Ever think that, maybe, PSU wasn’t one of the “last four out” last season?

[quote="noobd, post:2, topic:978"]I forget what the explanation was last year for the NIT seeding. How did PSU get a bad seed (2? 3?) last year when they were clearly last 4 out? This year, Seton Hall got the same seed as UNC. What a JOKE. The NIT clearly just slaps together the seeding. If they want to retain any prestige in the tournament, cleaning up their joke of a seeding process would be a start. /end rant

Seton Hall has a better everything than Cincy (beat them too) and Cincy is a #2 and SHU is a #4. Retarded.[/quote]
Ever think that, maybe, PSU wasn’t one of the “last four out” last season?

That brings up a good question, should the NCAA publish the order of last teams out? It probably cause lots of trouble but would think a President would want to know how far their institution was away from a bid to evaluate the current coach.

Some harsh terms from ESPN describing the NIT selections this season.

castoffs

also-rans

Even if you’re right, I’m assuming that the same would be true for SHU this season, right? They are seeded two seeds worse than Cincy. That is absolutely incorrect. There is nothing to say Cincy has a better resume than Seton Hall except their SOS. NOTHING. SHU is seeded the same as UNC. UNC wasn’t even in the conversation. Once again, it makes no sense.

As I posted on another thread:

If I'm a player, I actually would like the fact that as a team we're getting a chance to get away from campus and really focus on a goal. If I'm Bruce Weber, I would schedule a trip into New York City when they get there on Tuesday and take them into Madison Square Garden. Tell the boys, this is what you are playing for. A chance to play on one of basketball's greatest stages. Then humble them by taking them to Stony Brook and say, you first have to prove you belong on that stage.

I would actually embrace this situation if I were Bruce Weber.

As I tell the kids who I coach when something bad happens…can’t do anything about the past. Only thing you can do is learn from it and move on. Those who dwell on the past lose out on the future.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:1, topic:978"]In cruel twist. Illinois has to play opening round game at Stony Brook because their home arena is booked for Cirque du Soleil.[/quote]

If I'm a player, I actually would like the fact that as a team we're getting a chance to get away from campus and really focus on a goal. If I'm Bruce Weber, I would schedule a trip into New York City when they get there on Tuesday and take them into Madison Square Garden. Tell the boys, this is what you are playing for. A chance to play on one of basketball's greatest stages. Then humble them by taking them to Stony Brook and say, you first have to prove you belong on that stage.

As I tell the kids who I coach when something bad happens…can’t do anything about the past. Only thing you can do is learn from it and move on. Those who dwell on the past lose out on the future.

But when will these kids get another chance to see Cirque du Soleil on campus!

[quote="PSUdraw, post:1, topic:978"]In cruel twist. Illinois has to play opening round game at Stony Brook because their home arena is booked for Cirque du Soleil.[/quote]

But when will these kids get another chance to see Cirque du Soleil on campus!

;D

If I was a team that got snubbed from the NCAA tournament, the last thing I would want to do is play an NIT game at home to open the NIT. The hardest thing about last year was seeing the team play a home game against George Mason. If PSU would have lost that game, the seniors would remember their last home game as a loss instead of a win over Illinois. PSU stepped up and won the game in spectacular fashion, but it’s very hard to play in front of a home crowd after being snubbed from the NCAA. I think it’s easier to play on the road in the NIT opener. It may be tougher to win the game, but there’s less pressure especially if you have seniors.

I agree wholeheartedly. But at STONY BROOK? Who have they ever beaten? Oh yeah… :-[

NIT first round predictions. Bold = games of the day

Tonight:
UConn > Northeastern - UConn can win the whole thing if they are motivated. IF.
SHU > TTU - Barn burner.
UAB > C. Carolina - Toss up?
USF > NcState - Can go either way, NCState is playing well.
W&M > UNC - Upset city
Miss St > Jackson St - Easy win.
ASU > Jville State - Easy win.

Tomorrow:
Illinois > SB
Rhode Island > NW
VT > Quinnipiac
Cincy > Weber St
Dayton > Illinois St
Kent St > Tulsa
Ole Miss > Troy
Wichita St > Nevada
St Johns > Memphis - Johnnies will win it for Norm!

[quote=“noobd, post:12, topic:978”]NIT first round predictions. Bold = games of the day

Tonight:
UConn > Northeastern - UConn can win the whole thing if they are motivated. IF.
SHU > TTU - Barn burner.
UAB > C. Carolina - Toss up?
USF > NcState - Can go either way, NCState is playing well.
W&M > UNC - Upset city
Miss St > Jackson St - Easy win.
ASU > Jville State - Easy win.

Tomorrow:
Illinois > SB
Rhode Island > NW
VT > Quinnipiac
Cincy > Weber St
Dayton > Illinois St
Kent St > Tulsa
Ole Miss > Troy
Wichita St > Nevada
St Johns > Memphis - Johnnies will win it for Norm![/quote]

Only thing that seemed to get burned was

A) Seton Hall’s defense
B) Bobby Gonzalez’ collar over the officiating and his team’s uninspired play
C) and the rest of Herb Pope’s season

lol thanks for the rip. The game was predicted by everyone to be a barn burner…

11-20* good record brah :smiley:

Didn’t see the game. Was Pope’s ejection legit??

Extremely

[quote="tundra, post:15, topic:978"]Didn't see the game. Was Pope's ejection legit??[/quote]

Extremely

I just saw the video. I agree Tom.

[quote="tundra, post:15, topic:978"]Didn't see the game. Was Pope's ejection legit??[/quote]

Extremely

I just saw the video. I agree Tom.

see both punches? I heard this happened in the Jack St game later in the night too

The NIT is trying to get more viewers…

Hockey has it’s fights

NASCAR has drivers taking things into their own hands on the track.

Wrestling…well…has wrestling.

The NIT has that element of surprise now…I say allow punches to be thrown and the ratings will skyrocket. Would love to see Tizzy with a roundhouse right to some Stony dudes face tonight. Maybe DJ and Dmitri can go into the hostile crowd and take out a few Stony fans.

I can hear Michael Buffer introducing the teams at MSG for the NIT Final Four…LET"S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

:wink:

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:19, topic:978”]The NIT is trying to get more viewers…

Hockey has it’s fights

NASCAR has drivers taking things into their own hands on the track.

Wrestling…well…has wrestling.

The NIT has that element of surprise now…I say allow punches to be thrown and the ratings will skyrocket. Would love to see Tizzy with a roundhouse right to some Stony dudes face tonight. Maybe DJ and Dmitri can go into the hostile crowd and take out a few Stony fans.

I can hear Michael Buffer introducing the teams at MSG for the NIT Final Four…LET"S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

;)[/quote]

No need for the :wink: TV networks have “stooped lower” for ratings. Every watch Jerry S. , Judge Judy or Dr Phil.