PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

If you're a member of BWI/Lion's Den, Nate has some interesting info on the

hoops team.

I’m pretty sure it’s available to everyone

Link

Good read, thank you. Excited to face Kentucky next year.

Wow, that was good stuff…I wish the basketball season started tomorrow (have I mentioned this season was FUN!!!)

A couple things that stood out:

• schedule won’t revert to form from 2 years ago and people actually want to play us
  • doesn’t sound like there are any JUCOs at the top of the list for the last 2011 scholly
  • doesn’t sound like meeting w/ Taran is at the top of Ed’s list…I’d still love for him to be back next year
  • Sasa still has a way to go in his recovery. I think we’ll need to be patient w/ Sasa at the beginning of next year.
  • Next year it’s gonna be Timmy’s team!

The part about Graham gaining 40lbs this year has me excited, I haven’t really followed his story too much this year outside of hearing a lot of hearsay about him looking good.

I’m apprehensive but anxious about seeing what we’ve got next year. A lot of questions, but finding out the answers to them can be really fun depending on what those answers look like. Definitely have marginalized expectations for next season, but it’s an important year for the program and it could be better than some expect.

Sasa is over 5 months out from surgery and isn’t allowed to run yet?

I was surprised at that, too. Must have been a really bad tear.

[quote="Tom, post:6, topic:2237"]Sasa is over 5 months out from surgery and isn't allowed to run yet?[/quote]

I was surprised at that, too. Must have been a really bad tear.

No reason to rush things. Don’t want to do a Robbie Hummel.

Enjoyed the article. I hope the B1G doesn’t go to a 20 game schedule. That would mean more conference games when students aren’t around. I think 18 is too many if we have to play in December.

If they keep it at 18 games as expected, with an even number of teams now (12 as opposed to 11), they could start later. Because of the odd number of teams, some team always had to be off during a weekend or midweek. Now, all teams could play 2 games a week, which means they could start conference play a week later and still get all the games in. At least that’s my impression (haven’t looked at the specific calender).

PSU athletes aren’t exactly known for their quick return from ACL surgeries.

No reason to rush things. Don't want to do a Robbie Hummel.

PSU athletes aren’t exactly known for their quick return from ACL surgeries.

True. One of my golfing buddies had ACL surgery and he told me it took him two years untill his knee was back to 100%.

I have to think that someone who is 6’9" 235lb will need more time to recover from ACL surgery than an average person. The extra length has to create more stress on the ligament. Keep working hard and be patient Sasa!

ACL’s take 2 years for a “complete” recovery and even then it is never the same. I blew both ACL’s (right and left) and it was never the same. The left was probably a direct result of blowing the right one and favoring the right leg. Granted these guys are athletes and have better rehab than I did in High School, but I was very agressive in my rehab and did all the exercises prescribed and iced the joint and all the stuff I was told. I understand guys like Hummel wanting to come back, but he was what 8 months removed from the injury when he tried his comeback.

I’m encouraged by what ED says about Graham. We will need him to step up next year especially if Sasa doesn’t get back to 100% by the start of the season.

Tim needs to continue working with Danny and if possible Joe Crispin. It was very frustrating seeing Tim continually getting stuck in the lane on a drive. He needs to add the floater and continue to work on the pullup J. By adding them to his game it’ll make the D come out to him instead of waiting at the rim. He definitely has the tools to become a top PG.

Taran, if you can put your troubles behind you then I’m sure you’ll be welcomed back by the fans. If you aren’t able to overcome them, whatever they are, or PSU just isn’t the right place for you then we’ll all wish you the best of luck wherever you go.

Nothing new, but an article about Taran

Interesting quote from Talor:

“Wherever Taran went, I think he would have gotten in trouble,” Battle said. “But the good thing about life is you are offered second chances, and as long as he does the right thing, he’ll be back on the court and doing things he wants to do.”

Tim needs to continue working with Danny and if possible Joe Crispin. It was very frustrating seeing Tim continually getting stuck in the lane on a drive. He needs to add the floater and continue to work on the pullup J. By adding them to his game it'll make the D come out to him instead of waiting at the rim. He definitely has the tools to become a top PG.

I would say if anything he needs to work on when he goes to the lane as much as what to do when he gets there. He has the ability to blow by almost any defender at this level, but we don’t want him taking 40 floaters a game. There need to be passing and shooting options anytime he gets into the lane - a lot of times he was just stuck there with neither. That will improve though.

I remember the first couple of games, he was like 1 for 20 shooting the ball down in Disney World. We played doo doo and got beat and come home and he was just so upset with himself, he couldn't make a basket.

…did he really say that? :-[

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:16, topic:2237”]Nothing new, but an article about Taran

Interesting quote from Talor:

“Wherever Taran went, I think he would have gotten in trouble,” Battle said. “But the good thing about life is you are offered second chances, and as long as he does the right thing, he’ll be back on the court and doing things he wants to do.”[/quote]

I think The Great Talor Battle was born 30 years old.

What I like about this Morelli guy is he’s able to see things the average spectator doesn’t. For example, the selection committee thought Temple was three levels higher than Penn State. Most of the “experts” on ESPN and CBS and Tru and TNT picked Temple. In brackets filled by millions of people around the country, overwhelming majorities selected Temple over Penn State.

Yet Morelli knows better …

In a matchup that appeared to favor Penn State, the Nittany Lions suffered a first-round defeat to the Temple Owls. Juan Fernandez hit the game-winner with 0.4 seconds left to spoil the Nittany Lions’ first trip to the NCAA tournament in the Ed DeChellis Era. ...

In the end, the Lions couldn’t finish, which has been a problem during the DeChellis Era. Although his squad played well in the Big Ten Tournament before losing to Ohio State, it couldn’t get the job done against the Owls.

http://gantdaily.com/2011/03/24/morelli-onlion-march-sadness/

One of the downsides of people finally paying attention is that they don’t have any idea what they are talking about.